humypatel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I was wondering if it’s possible to transfer from a biomedical sciences degree (while you’re still studying it) to dentistry. I’ve heard some unis allow u to transfer mid-degree and I wondered if this was true
Dechante
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by humypatel)
I was wondering if it’s possible to transfer from a biomedical sciences degree (while you’re still studying it) to dentistry. I’ve heard some unis allow u to transfer mid-degree and I wondered if this was true
Yes but if your heart is set on dentistry before you have started the biomedical science course I would say it's better to just apply to do dentistry undergraduate as it's so competitive to get on while you're on the degree and only a small number of people get interviewed. It's so much better to study a degree like medicine or dentistry at undergraduate because transferring and graduate entry is even more competitive than UG
GotAQQuestion
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dechante)
Yes but if your heart is set on dentistry before you have started the biomedical science course I would say it's better to just apply to do dentistry undergraduate as it's so competitive to get on while you're on the degree and only a small number of people get interviewed. It's so much better to study a degree like medicine or dentistry at undergraduate because transferring and graduate entry is even more competitive than UG
Is applying as a graduate to undergrad dentistry more competitive than graduate entry programmes?
Dechante
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GotAQQuestion)
Is applying as a graduate to undergrad dentistry more competitive than graduate entry programmes?
I would say that applying at UG is less competitive than graduate entry. GEM is already something that is competitive just like GED but the difference is that there are way less dental schools compared to medical schools. Many graduate entry dentistry people just apply for five year courses with UGs as well as the 4 year graduate entry as it's that competitive
GotAQQuestion
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dechante)
I would say that applying at UG is less competitive than graduate entry. GEM is already something that is competitive just like GED but the difference is that there are way less dental schools compared to medical schools. Many graduate entry dentistry people just apply for five year courses with UGs as well as the 4 year graduate entry as it's that competitive
Trueee exactly, especially if you have the funds (no flex) but since it should be less competitive than GEM, I'm considering applying to pure 5 year programmes as a graduate.

Do you know the UCAT scores needed usually for KCL, Dundee, Newcastle, QMUL & Cardiff?

I read somewhere that dundee accepted people with scores of 590 average whilst KCL and QMUL interview half of applications with 50-60% success rate from interview.

You think that's accurate?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (9)
18.37%
No one else does (20)
40.82%
I'm embarrassed about my background (6)
12.24%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (12)
24.49%
We don't use a video platform (1)
2.04%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.04%

Watched Threads