Do I need to write the IELTS exam to apply for a masters in the UK?

Watch
Ramu Kureshi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm a British citizen currently living in India. I'm in my final year (I'm technically at home doing online classes since our Covid cases are really high but I digress). And I'm studying biomedical engineering.

I want to do my post grad education in the UK (I did my GCSEs in England) and I was told that as a British citizen my English GCSEs would negate the need to do the IELTS exam.

Is this true?

Any information would be useful. Thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ramu Kureshi)
I'm a British citizen currently living in India. I'm in my final year (I'm technically at home doing online classes since our Covid cases are really high but I digress). And I'm studying biomedical engineering.

I want to do my post grad education in the UK (I did my GCSEs in England) and I was told that as a British citizen my English GCSEs would negate the need to do the IELTS exam.

Is this true?

Any information would be useful. Thanks.
It always depends on the unis individual requirements , where the onus is on you to check.
That said if you have GCSE English that will usually negate the need for IELTS, but you need to check and also confirm you have the grade required, if any.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (65)
21.59%
No (236)
78.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise