Advice for procrastinators?

Watch
jaxp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm in year 11 now and I'm doing my GCSEs this year so I really need to buckle down. Before an exam, I always tell myself "I'll start revising two weeks early" but then I end up either not revising at all or just revision the night before. I'm telling myself this year that I seriously do need to revise but I don't trust myself to actually do it. Does anyone have any advice?

.Dezer.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jaxp)
I'm in year 11 now and I'm doing my GCSEs this year so I really need to buckle down. Before an exam, I always tell myself "I'll start revising two weeks early" but then I end up either not revising at all or just revision the night before. I'm telling myself this year that I seriously do need to revise but I don't trust myself to actually do it. Does anyone have any advice?
I know its cliche and all that but seriously where do you see yourself in 5 years time if you were to keep procrastinating...do you like what you see, if not I suggest seriously to really organise yourself and get your **it together, coming from someone who regrets not doing this for my GCSE's and still having regrets about not reaching my potential, it sucks but I can't do anything about that now but you still have time to turn this around and change your future, I really hope you find a way to motivate yourself because dude, you only have one life, why waste it...my PM's are open if you want to discuss this further!

I don't mean this in a mean way just so you know, please don't take this offensively in any way...
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jaxp)
Hi jaxp

I find that it's harder starting then actually doing the work. So, try and and do a little revision even if it's 5 minutes, then once you have started you may be able to do more.

You could also try different study apps, for example I downloaded one which would not let me go on other apps on my phone for 15 minutes.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (59)
20.85%
No (224)
79.15%

Watched Threads