The Student Room Group

Still no appetite

So it has been a few days of loss appetite I still can try and eat meals but relatively small ones. I’m not if is stress but having to worry about. I did dislocate my knee a few weeks ago but don’t think that has any effect on appetite, I do have a swollen testicle which was diagnosed as cysts but I hope it hasn’t turned a Tumour, it’s been swollen for years.
I rarely feel ill, main
symptoms is lack of energy low appetite.
Since I looked on google and figuring out was it wrong me it just refers to cancer now that’s stuck in my head. I know self diagnosing yourself is bad but I just don’t know what is wrong, I have been drinking almost every day and heavily smoke weed but also took a break from that.

Has anyone else been experiencing this obviously there is virus going round but I’m 23 and in good shape hover it this feeling has come about and want to rid of it.
Reply 1
Original post by Jxf111222
So it has been a few days of loss appetite I still can try and eat meals but relatively small ones. I’m not if is stress but having to worry about. I did dislocate my knee a few weeks ago but don’t think that has any effect on appetite, I do have a swollen testicle which was diagnosed as cysts but I hope it hasn’t turned a Tumour, it’s been swollen for years.
I rarely feel ill, main
symptoms is lack of energy low appetite.
Since I looked on google and figuring out was it wrong me it just refers to cancer now that’s stuck in my head. I know self diagnosing yourself is bad but I just don’t know what is wrong, I have been drinking almost every day and heavily smoke weed but also took a break from that.

Has anyone else been experiencing this obviously there is virus going round but I’m 23 and in good shape hover it this feeling has come about and want to rid of it.

Hi, If its beginning to worry you, I would recommend speaking to a GP, googling symptoms will be no help as there are many conditions with similar symptoms so its unlikely it will tell you exactly whats wrong. Try to lay off the alcohol and weed as this will affect your appetite and may suppress other symptoms. From what you have read, the symptoms don't match the Covid 19 ones but definitely speak to a GP as they will tell you for definite. Hope you feel better soon!
Reply 2
Well I have booked a blood test which is in two weeks. Went out for a meal yesterday I ate the starter which was a light starter salad and a burger which could only half of it wasn’t a big burger either . Let’s see what test results show and hope it’s not cancer or anything I’m only 23.
Reply 3
Well I have booked a blood test which is in two weeks. Went out for a meal yesterday I ate the starter which was a light starter salad and a burger which could only half of it wasn’t a big burger either . Let’s see what test results show and hope it’s not cancer or anything I’m only 23.

Hi, that's really good that you are getting some tests done and for eating a bit more! Try not to worry and wait for your results, if your eating goes downhill again or even more definitely speak to your Dr again!
Reply 4
Well I have booked a blood test which is in two weeks.

What kind of blood test?
Reply 5
Full blood count.
Original post by Kerzen
What kind of blood test?
Reply 6
Have you thought of getting some Complan from Boots just to help while you feel like this?

I bought a selection of flavours when I wasn't well in the autumn. The two I like best are strawberry and banana, you can mix them with ice cold milk and they are like a milkshake, really nice. You can froth them up a bit with a whisk.

Get some squash in flavours you like, so that you are getting the fluids you need.

It's important to keep going with some kind of nutrition while the Doctor works out what is happening and is able to offer a diagnosis.

https://www.complan.com/our-products/

A nurse once told me that the answer when you are not well is a little and often. Perhaps make that your watchword, don't worry about 'proper' meals, have a little something now and then throughout the day.

If you do have a favourite, get whatever it is in, so that you look forward to having somethng to eat.
Reply 7
Original post by Kerzen
Have you thought of getting some Complan from Boots just to help while you feel like this?

I bought a selection of flavours when I wasn't well in the autumn. The two I like best are strawberry and banana, you can mix them with ice cold milk and they are like a milkshake, really nice. You can froth them up a bit with a whisk.

Get some squash in flavours you like, so that you are getting the fluids you need.

It's important to keep going with some kind of nutrition while the Doctor works out what is happening and is able to offer a diagnosis.

https://www.complan.com/our-products/

A nurse once told me that the answer when you are not well is a little and often. Perhaps make that your watchword, don't worry about 'proper' meals, have a little something now and then throughout the day.

If you do have a favourite, get whatever it is in, so that you look forward to having somethng to eat.

Hi thanks for the tip. I have been taken pre workout supplements for my workouts just to try increase my appetite, there not steroids, and i try and take vitamin D, fish oils, just anything to increase my appetite. I used to take protein shakes but haven’t taken them for two years.
I have also been on a weight loss diet for a month and half and lost a stone but I don’t see how that effects my appetite. But I will try would you said and if makes any difference.
Reply 8

I have also been on a weight loss diet for a month and half and lost a stone.

That's quite a lot of weight to have lost.

Were you eating normally before then?
Reply 9
Original post by Kerzen
That's quite a lot of weight to have lost.

Were you eating normally before then?

2 meals a day and nothing after the evening and one cheat day a week. I was pretty heavy for my height pretty much for almost 14 stone.

Quick Reply

Latest