The Student Room Group

I dont understand why im single

Well I feel a bit of an idiot and well put myself down for this but well. I'm 18 a virgin, not just a virgin but a supercharged turbo virgin. I've never had a kiss, never had a kiss or even a girl take interest in me. I do blame myself and my trust issues for it as well I've been bullied a lot since I came here to the UK and I've grown a thick skin especially after getting assaulted in school and leaving with a broken arm and essentially losing all my friends. I've spent a lot of time working on myself and trying to get better relations with people as friends but well idk where I'm going wrong and I generally don't have many friends. I don't know where im going wrong. I also work out a lot, study and well used to work but COVID. I wont call myself a nice guy as you know im not that kind of fakery anyway i dont understand. ive tried online dating but that only works if well you pay and ive never got any matches. I have my own interests and well im well mannered most of the time. i really wish i could get an answer as so far ive tried alot of things the normal and usual, get friends go out (kinda hard atm with covid), get hobbies (at this point i have too many passions and hobbies) , etc. i just dont know anymore
Don't worry if you haven't had those experiences yet, they will happen in due time. As you are 18, I assume you are going to go to university. If you do then that would be your best chance as people don't know you and are more likely to give you a chance than online dating which is purely based off of looks. Another thing, girls and people in general can smell desperation, nobody likes it, so it would be best to just be yourself. Believe it or not, people will like you. Keep your head up man.
Original post by MWills99
Don't worry if you haven't had those experiences yet, they will happen in due time. As you are 18, I assume you are going to go to university. If you do then that would be your best chance as people don't know you and are more likely to give you a chance than online dating which is purely based off of looks. Another thing, girls and people in general can smell desperation, nobody likes it, so it would be best to just be yourself. Believe it or not, people will like you. Keep your head up man.

thanks for me i just lose hope as well sadly im not going to uni and i really wanted to go out this summer meet new people etc but well. its not like the biggest thing for me but its more the fact i dont know why that bothers me. ive lived well single and no one liking me just fine but if i knew the reason i could work on it as so far ive found alot of reasons and well idk. i guess also that ive never had proper proper friendships that i struggle with and i get alon with everyone so idk what wrong.
Original post by 7xm2
thanks for me i just lose hope as well sadly im not going to uni and i really wanted to go out this summer meet new people etc but well. its not like the biggest thing for me but its more the fact i dont know why that bothers me. ive lived well single and no one liking me just fine but if i knew the reason i could work on it as so far ive found alot of reasons and well idk. i guess also that ive never had proper proper friendships that i struggle with and i get alon with everyone so idk what wrong.

Your feelings are completely understandable and normal. You may look around you and see people happy in relationships, etc. and want that for yourself. Seeing as you haven't experienced it yet, it's no wonder that you want this.

It's a shame that you aren't going to uni, it's a completely different world to school and your old social circle. All I can do now is encourage you to partake in clubs/hobbies where you can find new friends, but that will be difficult with COVID and all.
Your feelings are completely understandable and normal. You may look around you and see people happy in relationships, etc. and want that for yourself. Seeing as you haven't experienced it yet, it's no wonder that you want this.

It's a shame that you aren't going to uni, it's a completely different world to school and your old social circle. All I can do now is encourage you to partake in clubs/hobbies where you can find new friends, but that will be difficult with COVID and all.

yeah thanks i want to go car meets again once i get a newer car hopefully a mazda mx5 , but i sadly wont go to uni next year in the normal sense as i want to a degree apprenticeship in engineering so..
you are single because you don't have a girlfriend
Original post by Anonymous
you are single because you don't have a girlfriend

That's good logic
Original post by Cirroc
Just flop it out and give her a piece of the action bro

That's sexual harassment is it not? XD he would get the jail for that
Reply 8
Original post by weefergie

Jail time vs being a virgin, I know which I’d rather have on my record:wink:
just keep being you and keep being nice
focus on yourself and eventually, you'll meet the right person! dotn be too desperate and be confident in urself

god luck
you really need to be around the ladies as much as possible. join groups and activities where they are likely to be.
Original post by weefergie

i suppose some think im desperate... where im more of trying to diagnose why...
Original post by Cirroc

He will be loosing one type of virginity in the jail and chances are its no the one he's after haha
Original post by Cirroc

id rather have the virgin card tbh.....
Original post by 7xm2
yeah thanks i want to go car meets again once i get a newer car hopefully a mazda mx5 , but i sadly wont go to uni next year in the normal sense as i want to a degree apprenticeship in engineering so..

That can't be helped. However, to my knowledge, not many girls attend car meets. You may want to get into a hobby with more girls in them if you want to meet girls
Original post by 7xm2
id rather have the virgin card tbh.....

Im sure Big Buba will be disappointed with that one
That can't be helped. However, to my knowledge, not many girls attend car meets. You may want to get into a hobby with more girls in them if you want to meet girls

true i dont know i just wish covid wasnt around so it be easier to go out on nights out to clubs and that
Reply 17
I’m only messin guys don’t worry

I used to go out with a guy in my early twenties who was crazy about cars. He took me to car rallies (got his tape recorder out and asked me to do a commentary!) and car slaloms. He was also an advanced driver and wanted to work as a car engineer. I couldn't even drive and enjoyed languages and discos. I took him to Paris (have a French degree) and he hated it because he had never been abroad. When I would go round to his house he would spend all the weekend fixing his old car, whilst I watched black and white movies with his mother. I got so fed up, the minute I was presented with someone else, who was half German and loved discos, I was off.

Maybe it would be a good idea to go to a walking club. It's outside, so Covid friendly and you will get exercise. That's how my uncle met his wife. You need to he flexible with "geeky" hobbies as girls can be turned off if you are too into them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending