Want more information about this university?

Kingston Uni, clearing on UCAS Track for Pharmacy (MPharm)

Watch
arabi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Has anyone applied to Kingston for Pharmacy through clearing? Is it taking ages to get confirmed on UCAS track as well? Have you been accepted? If so, when did you apply and how long did it take to get accepted on UCAS track

Information on what I’ve done. I confirmed my offer on UCAS Track Fri, 21 August, sent my qualifications Sun, 23 August. And haven't heard anything back since then. Is this normal?
Last edited by arabi; 1 week ago
Sahra01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by arabi)
Has anyone applied to Kingston for Pharmacy through clearing? Is it taking ages to get confirmed on UCAS track as well? Have you been accepted? If so, when did you apply and how long did it take to get accepted on UCAS track

Information on what I’ve done. I confirmed my offer on UCAS Track Fri, 1 August, sent my qualifications Sun, 23 August. And haven't heard anything back since then. Is this normal?
Hello there

I have applied through clearing as well and still awaiting decision. I would advise you to be persistent and call them at least twice a day, it seems to be working for me. Also have you considered contacting Dr Amr his email is as follows; [email protected]
arabi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sahra01)
Hello there

I have applied through clearing as well and still awaiting decision. I would advise you to be persistent and call them at least twice a day, it seems to be working for me. Also have you considered contacting Dr Amr his email is as follows; [email protected]
Hello Sahra, thanks for replying. Good to know I’m not the only one. How long have you been waiting since you applied? And what shall I contact Dr Amr about specifically?

I think Kingston is taking way too long getting through these applications, kind of unacceptable, because now I'm going to have no time to sort accommodation and student finance when I finally get the confirmation from them. I think its because of the qualifications thing where they ask you to send it in, unlike other uni’s where they just go from the grades on your UCAS.

Again, thanks for replying and do you know others in the same situation?
Sahra01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by arabi)
Hello Sahra, thanks for replying. Good to know I’m not the only one. How long have you been waiting since you applied? And what shall I contact Dr Amr about specifically?

I think Kingston is taking way too long getting through these applications, kind of unacceptable, because now I'm going to have no time to sort accommodation and student finance when I finally get the confirmation from them. I think its because of the qualifications thing where they ask you to send it in, unlike other uni’s where they just go from the grades on your UCAS.

Again, thanks for replying and do you know others in the same situation?
Hello there

Again I am sorry about my late response. I work late so didn’t get the chance to respond earlier. I would contact Dr. Amr as he could possibly speed things up for you as he is one of the main lecturers for Pharmacy. I would explain your situation to him and see where it can take you, don’t wait around take actions. For accommodation I don’t know much about them but I can tell you that I will be not living in one. I rather rent a room privately. Hope everything is sorted out or is in the process to be. Ask me anything else you might think would ease your mind 😁

- Also to add, I have been waiting for a week nearly but that is possibly because I kept calling them every hour. Persistency is 🔑. Also your not the only one, I am sure there will be some people in the same situation as we.
lololop
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm also applying for pharmacy mpharm with foundation year. I've been offered the course, it's just that I have to talk to the pharmacy department as they the one who will accept you onto the course. For some reason, interview slots are booked and I have to wait until they call me when theirs interview slots available. Have you guys talked to the pharmacy department.
arabi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
lololop Sahra01

Just an update. I've received Kingston OSISI login details today. On the OSIS website there are sections to upload qualification documents and a photo of me for ID card.
I was wondering if you have an OSIS account as well. I'm not sure what to do with it as I've been using UCAS Track and I've received an OSIS account because I've asked for it, I've also already sent my qualifications by email.
lololop
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't sent my qualifications but I told them my qualifications to them over the phone. I haven't been told that we have to make an account. I still haven't talked to the pharmacy department. Apparently, they will call me back next week. Have you guys talked to them.was the interview very serious.
arabi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by lololop)
I haven't sent my qualifications but I told them my qualifications to them over the phone. I haven't been told that we have to make an account. I still haven't talked to the pharmacy department. Apparently, they will call me back next week. Have you guys talked to them.was the interview very serious.

Sorry for the late reply.
When I called for clearing, I asked if there were spaces for Pharmacy with the grades I have. They said they do, and I was transferred from the clearing team to pharmacy department where I did my interview on the phone at that moment.
It was very short not too serious. I got asked a simple maths question (converting hours and minutes into seconds) an A-level style chem question (stating formula for an anhydrous salt). The lady that asked me the questions gave me plenty of time. She also asked me the typical questions like why you are interested in pharmacy, why, what future discoveries or areas of new research are you interested in.

After the interview she congratulated me on the phone telling me I’ve been successful and I got an e-mail a minute after of my offer, the grades agreed upon (I had to email proof of those qualification), and the course I would be doing . I confirmed my offer on UCAS Track the day after within the 24hr where the offer expires. This was all started 21 August still waiting for a final confirmation on UCAS Track and little progress has been made since then.
Last edited by arabi; 6 days ago
lololop
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
(Original post by arabi)
Sorry for the late reply.
When I called for clearing, I asked if there were spaces for Pharmacy with the grades I have. They said they do, and I was transferred from the clearing team to pharmacy department where I did my interview on the phone at that moment.
It was very short not too serious. I got asked a simple maths question (converting hours and minutes into seconds) an A-level style chem question (stating formula for an anhydrous salt). The lady that asked me the questions gave me plenty of time. She also asked me the typical questions like why you are interested in pharmacy, why, what future discoveries or areas of new research are you interested in.

After the interview she congratulated me on the phone telling me I’ve been successful and I got an e-mail a minute after of my offer, the grades agreed upon (I had to email proof of those qualification), and the course I would be doing . I confirmed my offer on UCAS Track the day after within the 24hr where the offer expires. This was all started 21 August still waiting for a final confirmation on UCAS Track and little progress has been made since then.
I wanted to ask did they accept you through ucas or are they still processing it. Also do you know when the course officially starts.
arabi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 minutes ago
(Original post by lololop)
I wanted to ask did they accept you through ucas or are they still processing it. Also do you know when the course officially starts.
They tell you you’ve been accepted on the phone and a min later you see an email from them of an informal offer of the course and grades you’ve discussed with them. Then you confirm that offer on UCAS Track and begin the enrolment process. You will know you’re confirmed there once they confirm the offer finally on UCAS Track. Make sure to call them everyday and ask for help, if you don’t call them up often you’ll just keep delaying your enrolment, from what I’ve learned you need to be determined with Kingston and chase them up because different staff will give you different answers and you need to gather as much information as possible.

For me I’ve been confirmed on UCAS Track by them and finished the enrolment process. Lessons begin today. A mix of online and in person lessons.
Last edited by arabi; 1 minute ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads