The Student Room Group

gcse ocr Business

Hii. Im in year 10 and i'm doing gcse orc business. What is the best thing to do for good grades (maybe from a grade 7-9)? Also, do you need to work with others for coursework as my class isn't that great. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I do Edexcel, but the papers are similar and the skills are transferrable.
The thing with business is that the content is easy, and there isn't a huge amount of it.
So, you can really just make bullet point notes and things like that to remember it.
The hard part is exam technique.
Look online how to answer each question type and practice it under timed conditions: maybe ask your teacher to mark some.
Also past papers are very important - i find that i am rushed for time, so you need to practice writing decent stuff under time pressure.
I don't have coursework so cant give advise on that, sorry.
Reply 2
Original post by Rhys_M
I do Edexcel, but the papers are similar and the skills are transferrable.
The thing with business is that the content is easy, and there isn't a huge amount of it.
So, you can really just make bullet point notes and things like that to remember it.
The hard part is exam technique.
Look online how to answer each question type and practice it under timed conditions: maybe ask your teacher to mark some.
Also past papers are very important - i find that i am rushed for time, so you need to practice writing decent stuff under time pressure.
I don't have coursework so cant give advise on that, sorry.

Thank you! Are the essays similar to English/history essays?
Reply 3
Original post by cool_cool
Thank you! Are the essays similar to English/history essays?

Not at all.
For Edexcel (but is similar for all boards), for a paragraph worth 3 marks you make your point, and make 3 strands of analysis. A good structure is point...., because....., this leads to/this means that....., therefore.... .
For a 6 marker, you would make 2 of these paragraphs.
For a 9 marker, 3.
Etc.
But check the OCR specification as it may be different
Reply 4
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest