I have had too many UTIs and it’s always

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I have this serious issue of having had UTIs almost all the time since I became sexually active.
I have tried so many things said effective, such as keeping my and my partners hands always clean, peeing after sex, cranberry juice, over the counter meds etc. but they haven’t really worked well. And I always feel this horrible urge to pee even though I don’t actually need to pee, and feel sore in my bladder.
I can’t be bothered to go to see my GP every time it occurs because it’s SO OFTEN and I would like to just deal with it on my own.
If anyone knows any tips or advice then that will be really appreciated! Thank you
MattUni2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiya! I know this can be a very awkward or uncomfortable topic but I would definitely recommend going to a sexual health walk-in centre and asking advice there or for an appointment. This way you do not encounter the same dr and may find they have different or more helpful advice. A second opinion never hurts. I know it may be hard, but I would also recommend refraining from sexual activities for say a week or two and see whether this makes a difference, giving your body a chance to repair. Lastly, make sure you wear condoms; especially if you have multiple partners, it's easy to lie and say "I was tested last month I'm clean" yet they have something they don't even know they have. I hope help's, wish the best for you

Also, make sure that when you take over counter medicines that they are for UTI's not just your symptom's like painkillers are although they be nice to have in addition, and that if you use antibiotics, that you stick to the recommended amounts consistently to avoid antibiotic resistance.
Last edited by MattUni2000; 2 weeks ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would speak to your GP about this. Sometimes, they can put you on regular antibiotics to stop you from getting UTIs all the time. Or it might be that there is something else going on and these are not actually UTIs. Either way, your GP is the best person to speak to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (78)
30.23%
Less motivated (180)
69.77%

Watched Threads