Building Muscle?

Watch
hanni_kindje
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey,

I'm 16F. 64kg and 169cm. I am honestly not very concerned with my weight, my biggest problems is muscle mass.

I have VERY weak arms and they're so skinny and I want to build muscle especially in that area. The biggest problem is that my arms are so weak that I can't actually do push-ups and have resorted to doing incline push-ups and planking for 30s-1 minute.

What's the best way to build arm muscle and get stronger?

I have access to a gym and gym equipment if that's useful infomation.
Advertisement
7xm2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
do what i did, pushups, do 100 a day. eat properly. eating is gonna be a be a tough one as diets will vary from person to person. consistent training and proper form. focus on form , ive seen this myself. pullups are another thing. at the start you dont need weights just pushups and pullups and proper form. also never ego lift
kkona
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
think you should focus on losing fat first then build muscle
Advertisement
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kkona)
think you should focus on losing fat first then build muscle
She’s already a healthy weight and has said she has skinny arms??
Max217
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Building up your arms is fairly simple. These are the best ways I found.
Press ups (Normal, Incline, Wide Arm) and pull ups, dumbbell/ barbell curls, incline curls, hammer curls. Gradually increase weight
Also lots of protein is important, eating more calories and getting proper nutrition.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads