jaxp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm planning on getting CGP workbooks (the black and purple ones) to revise for my GCSEs but overall the cost would be over £80 so I'm not sure if it's worth it? Will it really help me that much? Is the material effective?
x_lalalisa_x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I bought a ton of CGP workbooks for year 10 even tho mys choolw e start gcse course in year 9 so i bought some from in year 9 aswell,i would say buy from worldofbooks or even used on amazon + loads of thrift/charity shops have good cgp books or u could see if u can take it outf rom a library

ive spent way more than £80 on books trust me its worth it
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by jaxp)
I'm planning on getting CGP workbooks (the black and purple ones) to revise for my GCSEs but overall the cost would be over £80 so I'm not sure if it's worth it? Will it really help me that much? Is the material effective?
If you mean the Complete Revision & Practice ones or whatever they're called, they're great!! I really recommend getting some of them at least, off depop as it'll be a lot cheaper and lots of them are brand new. For English lit, I really recommend getting YorkNotes for each text.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (92)
38.33%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (26)
10.83%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.5%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.75%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise