Kittenlover123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey, so I have started year 12 and currently thinking whether i should retake my GCSES. For all of my GCSES I have achieved grade 4's including maths and English and I think I could have done way better due to my circumstances I didn't. Now that i am in year 12 I am starting uni next year I am wondering whether it is a good idea for me to retake my GCSES specificically math english lit and lang and wondering if there would be any university that would looking at my GCSES. For those who are at uni i am wondering what is your guys opinions
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What are you hoping to study at uni?
Kittenlover123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scotney)
What are you hoping to study at uni?
I am not sure currently i am studying Level 3 Health and Social Care maybe this year i might have an Idea but i probably want to get in the field of helping young children from domestic maybe social worker children support worker or psychologist i did my research i need to study psychology for those
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you just started year 12?If so could you retake in October?
Kittenlover123
Rep:
?
Have you just started year 12?If so could you retake in October?
yeah i know i should have done it last year but obviously i was not thinking about my future. i dont know i am going to discuss with my college i doubt they will let me as a four is pass but i am going to try and persuade them this monday do you think its worth retaking???
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kittenlover123)
yeah i know i should have done it last year but obviously i was not thinking about my future. i dont know i am going to discuss with my college i doubt they will let me as a four is pass but i am going to try and persuade them this monday do you think its worth retaking???
If you go to UCAS site and type in Psychology for 21/22 you can look at unis you like and check entry requirements. Then give a couple of unis a ring and run your grades past them. This will give you an idea of whether retakes esp maths is needed. Had a quick look and you might be okay.
Kittenlover123
Rep:
?
If you go to UCAS site and type in Psychology for 21/22 you can look at unis you like and check entry requirements. Then give a couple of unis a ring and run your grades past them. This will give you an idea of whether retakes esp maths is needed. Had a quick look and you might be okay.
okay im gonna do that right now thank you so much for the help
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you find the info you needed. And do not be shy about calling up unis. Quite often they will give you the email of the course leader /admissions team to ask about your particular circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (567)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (681)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed