Eccentric Goatie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Who is your idol? Something other than you that you simply admire - an actor, a friend, your father... your grandma.. several people.. but when u hear the word “idol” who comes to your mind and why?
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Eccentric Goatie)
Who is your idol? Something other than you that you simply admire - an actor, a friend, your father... your grandma.. several people.. but when u hear the word “idol” who comes to your mind and why?
I love my parents and value them infinitely and they are idols in terms of how they molded me. Yet I think my former Learning Support Assistant at me secondary school is my idol because she saw things in me that nobody saw or admitted. Whilst the people around me used my hydrocephalus as an excuse to pour on the special needs support-my LSA witnessed and acknowledged my sense of humour and my true abilities. She is my mentor and she has helped my become the person I am today. Without her I'd have struggled to get me voice heard properly.
Last edited by JDINCINERATOR; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
My cat. Just like her, I strive to not have a care in the world, not to appease others for their sake, and to only do what makes me happy. Oh and to have no shame whatsoever.

She’s got me through some tough times and she has made me who I am. I admire her so much, she knows how to make you smile and comforts you when you’re sad. True love ❤️
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Myself
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't do the idol bs. I just cannot understand idolising someone to the point where you strive to be like them. I just don't get it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads