Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello Everyone,

I’m a student who will be studying at The Open University From October 2020. I will be studying BA (Honours) Business Management (Accounting) this is all fairly new to me as I’ve not studied at a brick university either. Could everyone who has studied at The Open University please give me some reviews on how things will be based so I can get a briefing on how it will work.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What sort of things do you want to know about?

If you look at the OU forum on here there are rather a lot of threads similar so you may find your answer amongst them.
humyra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I want some reviews regarding the OU, as in what’s it like doing distance learning. Also I want to know that the course I’m doing is ok for the route of accountancy? X
Abigail R Brown
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, I am a distance learner not at the OU but at Arden University, I love doing it because it gives me the freedom to work full time but also study for a career change too. As an older student it is a great option for me. It takes some time to get used to and I have found that you definitely have to plan add about when you are going to do your work, fit in any live lectures and also take time for yourself, but I don't think I would ever look back at studying full time at a university attending lectures.
Also make sure that you stay connected with your fellow students through forums and places like that as that is a great support to have :-)

Abigail
Arden University Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (441)
56.25%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.75%

Watched Threads