?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Last edited by LeonidK; 1 week ago
fuhnance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
my advice would be put it on there. Banks love diversity nowadays and frankly if they discriminate against you for putting it on there then you are better off not working there and have dodged a bullet.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
you would put it on a cv just like you would put any volunteering, internship or work experience, but not because it’s LGBTQ related or that it discloses your sexual orientation; it doesn’t. all it does is list a position you had. it doesn’t tell the employer you are straight, gay, bi, pan, asexual or anything else on the spectrum.

i was also the student rep at my uni for an LGBTQ lawyers association in my region. from that do you know my sexual orientation? do you think my recruiter asked me the question or asked for my gender identity?

just for clarify on the issue of when it’s okay to discrimate on sexual orientation and other protected characteristics read here

https://www.gov.uk/employer-preventi...on/recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (55)
13.82%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (53)
13.32%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (152)
38.19%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (42)
10.55%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (75)
18.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.28%

Watched Threads