BAE Systems Apprentices 2020Watch
From the other thread we can see that many apprentices are having difficulty with getting the information they need for BAE, such as start dates, forms and contracts.
>>> I thought it would be useful if all of the 2020 BAE apprentices could be in a group chat together? That way we could talk properly / get to know people who would be working in the same place as us / arrange accommodation I have created a discord server - if you are not sure what that is, it is like a group chat but much more organised / easier to use for big groups - please DM me for the invite if you are also a BAE 2020 apprentice (of any type)
Here is information about my offer:
1. Area: Weymouth
2. Type of apprenticeship: Degree apprenticeship
3. Discipline: Engineering
4. Sector: Nuclear Submarines
5. Stage: They are doing my security check, I have not received my medical form / official secrets act, so have not got "a firm offer of employment"
6. Information you have:
- Start date "some time from Sept 2020 to January 2021"
- Don't know dress code
- Don't know what technology they will provide
- The colleges / unis I will be attending for the degree
7. Other: I have contacted them repeatedly and the latest I have from them is that "we are in the process of issuing the conditional offer letters and contracts, they will be emailed to you in the next couple of days" (3rd sept 2020)
EDIT: On 11/09/2020 - I received "We would like to reassure you of your start date which is January 2021 and that your contract of employment with your confirmed start date will be with you later this month.
Please be aware that we are currently reviewing your qualifications to ensure that you meet the criteria for the role that you have applied for and you will need to obtain the necessary security and medical clearances to receive your firm offer of employment."
Quick guides to apprenticeships