The Student Room Group

Can i withdraw application after online enrolement?

Hello, due to a change in plans I have decided to change my mind in attending university this year and instead take a gap year. However, I have accepted my offer, and have completed online enrolment, but still yet to do face to face enrolment. Is it possible to withdraw my application and take a gap year and if so what would I have to do? Is my student finance fees still be going that university course which I will not be attending? Also, I have a contract with unite students for accommodation, and it is past the 7 days cooling-off period so will the payment still be due towards the accommodation. I really would appreciate any help on what to do next, thank you.
Original post by Azotic02
Hello, due to a change in plans I have decided to change my mind in attending university this year and instead take a gap year. However, I have accepted my offer, and have completed online enrolment, but still yet to do face to face enrolment. Is it possible to withdraw my application and take a gap year and if so what would I have to do? Is my student finance fees still be going that university course which I will not be attending? Also, I have a contract with unite students for accommodation, and it is past the 7 days cooling-off period so will the payment still be due towards the accommodation. I really would appreciate any help on what to do next, thank you.

Cancelling your place with the university should still be possible, it's the accommodation that will be an issue.
Original post by claireestelle
Cancelling your place with the university should still be possible, it's the accommodation that will be an issue.

I am confused about what to do next. Do I withdraw my application from UCAS or phone the university first? Also, how would I cancel my accommodation? Thank you.
I am confused about what to do next. Do I withdraw my application from UCAS or phone the university first? Also, how would I cancel my accommodation? Thank you.

phone the university but unite are unlikely to let you out of your contract at this point without a replacement.

Once you enrol UCAS is out of the picture. Call your university first thing on Monday and check your accommodation contract today for the cancellation charges.

Quick Reply

Latest