ACG776
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm currently debating between Italian ab intio or Spanish B SL. I have been doing Spanish for many years, while having no prior experience to Italian. I am wondering, is ab initio of a new Italian easier or Spanish regular at SL? My IGCSE grade in Spanish was high, an A, but I'm trying to see what is the easier option. Thank you.
boeuf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would definitely suggest doing Spanish SL. My friend does Italian ab initio SL and its very fast-paced so that you can get to a speaking standard, almost as good as SL. Also, Spanish is generally the easier language, and with Italian you might mix up the new vocabulary with the one you learnt previously in Spanish. And the obvious one: starting a new language from scratch is much harder than progressing in one you have already learnt.

But please don't base your decision completely on which you think will be easier; choose the one you fell intrigued to learn about. Did you enjoy learning Spanish? Or are you done with it and you want to start from scratch? Remember that you spend time studying culture and literature (I do Spanish HL). Does the Italian culture and language intrigue you?

Hope this helps, let me know which one you choose!
ACG776
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much man. I ended up choosing Spanish thanks to your help. Appreciate it!
boeuf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ACG776)
Thank you very much man. I ended up choosing Spanish thanks to your help. Appreciate it!
I'm glad to have helped Let me know how it goes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
20.78%
No (202)
79.22%

Watched Threads