DomMil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Helllo,

I am planning to apply for geography PGCEs for 2021 entry and wondered if there’s any universities which have a good reputation for this particular PGCE course?

Thanks for any recommendations!
fredminxis75
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DomMil)
Helllo,

I am planning to apply for geography PGCEs for 2021 entry and wondered if there’s any universities which have a good reputation for this particular PGCE course?

Thanks for any recommendations!
I did not do my ITT course at this provider that I am going to mention, but I considered it and know several who did it, this is the University of Birmingham's PGDipEd in geography, have an intake of about 20, with very dedicated geography module leader, graduates from there are highly motivated and very creative, they have a very active community twitter account, quite a community. The course is a PG Diploma so 120 credits as opposed to the 60 of the PGCE and the education department is one of the best in the country. Not sure on other providers, but Oxford and Cambridge are excellent as well. I did mine at a SCITT (The OAKS SCITT) with Keele University delivering the PGCE.
DomMil
Rep:
?
(Original post by fredminxis75)
I did not do my ITT course at this provider that I am going to mention, but I considered it and know several who did it, this is the University of Birmingham's PGDipEd in geography, have an intake of about 20, with very dedicated geography module leader, graduates from there are highly motivated and very creative, they have a very active community twitter account, quite a community. The course is a PG Diploma so 120 credits as opposed to the 60 of the PGCE and the education department is one of the best in the country. Not sure on other providers, but Oxford and Cambridge are excellent as well. I did mine at a SCITT (The OAKS SCITT) with Keele University delivering the PGCE.
Thanks for this! I have heard Birmingham and Oxbridge are good so will check them out
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
At the risk of repeating myself (I say this a lot), it really doesn't matter where you train to teach. It would be very unusual for an employer to consider this when making an appointment. I'd advise you to train in the area where you eventually want to work. You will make contacts while training and may even be offered a position.
DomMil
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr M)
At the risk of repeating myself (I say this a lot), it really doesn't matter where you train to teach. It would be very unusual for an employer to consider this when making an appointment. I'd advise you to train in the area where you eventually want to work. You will make contacts while training and may even be offered a position.
Great thank you; this helps a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (64)
21.69%
No (231)
78.31%

Watched Threads