The Student Room Group

Can I change my subjects?

Hello, I'm in my first year of BTEC applied science and I want to do Alevels. I'm going to resit my GCSE in November 2020 and I was planning to change it once I got my results back. I had a second thought which was if my school doesn't let me change my subject than I will have to change my school. Can I change my subject as well my as my school on February 2021? Thank You
Reply 1
You would have to talk to your current and prospective schools about whether they would be willing to take you on for a new course at that point in the academic year. Keep in mind you would have missed out on 5-ish months of learning for (i'm assuming) 3 separate A-Levels by February.
Reply 2
Original post by nzy
You would have to talk to your current and prospective schools about whether they would be willing to take you on for a new course at that point in the academic year. Keep in mind you would have missed out on 5-ish months of learning for (i'm assuming) 3 separate A-Levels by February.

Thanks for the help, I have spoken to them countless times regarding my situation but they still haven't said anything. Plus, I have been studying these subjects on lockdown, so you can tell I was preparing for it but I guess my current school decided to make the decision for me.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest