Want more information about this university?
Studenteco2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I think I'll be staying at home and commuting to NTU, I will be studying economics and slightly worried about making friends. Just wondering who else is commuting to NTU in their first year, who's worried about making friends and what your plans are for freshers fair and freshers week? Thanks ☺
angel110
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey i’m starting this year and i’ll be staying at home too. i’ll be studying psychology and i’m anxious that i won’t make any friends either especially bc i have no clue what to do during freshers haha
Jai_1526
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I will also be commuting to NTU, I'm studying Engineering and I would also like to go to freshers, however, I don't have any clue either
Last edited by Jai_1526; 1 month ago
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Studenteco2020)
Hey, I think I'll be staying at home and commuting to NTU, I will be studying economics and slightly worried about making friends. Just wondering who else is commuting to NTU in their first year, who's worried about making friends and what your plans are for freshers fair and freshers week? Thanks ☺
(Original post by angel110)
hey i’m starting this year and i’ll be staying at home too. i’ll be studying psychology and i’m anxious that i won’t make any friends either especially bc i have no clue what to do during freshers haha
(Original post by Jai_1526)
Hey, I will also be commuting to NTU, I'm studying Engineering and I would also like to go to freshers, however, I don't have any clue either
Hi all,

I hope you are well.

We do have a specific Facebook group for students that won't be living in halls, you can find the link here. And let me reassure you that Welcome week will feature events which are tailored specifically to students not living in halls. Just head over to https://www.ntuwelcome.co.uk/ to find the details.

Do let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns.

We look forward to welcoming you,

Andrea
Itsmxdi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi im doing psychology w criminology and im from notts!
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Studenteco2020)
(Original post by Jai_1526)
(Original post by Itsmxdi)
Hi im doing psychology w criminology and im from notts!
Hi all!

I just wanted to chime in too because I'm a current student who never lived in halls. The best decision I made when starting uni was joining a society - I have made so so many friends and have so many fun experiences!

I personally joined the Rock and Alternative society, but I also fully recommend the Not in Halls society! You can check out the full list of societies here.

Honestly, I couldn't advise being part of a society more, there is genuinely something for everyone!

Hope you all have a wonderful day,
Liz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads