Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying! :hello:

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2/BTEC/etc grades:
GCSE grades:
Why Architecture?: This is a question you will likely be asked at interview so it's best to get an answer together sooner rather than later!
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself?

Good luck with your applications everyone :grouphugs: For portfolio advice this thread is super useful! Check out the UCAS Applications megathread >> Here
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 month ago
Petraru Andrei
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi. My name is Andrei, I am currently starting my final high school year and I am planning to apply to a university in Scotland in order to study architecture in January 2021 for the 2021-start. I don't really understand how the application process works for the University of Edinburgh. Is it simply based on the essay and my high school grades or do I need to present a portofolio of my work like in other universities? It would be really helpful to get a reply from anyone who knows really, be it a student, counselor or whoever might know. I am also applying for GSA, University of Strathclyde, Robert Gordon University and University of Dundee. IG: @martzyandrei
BettyArch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Petraru Andrei)
Hi. My name is Andrei, I am currently starting my final high school year and I am planning to apply to a university in Scotland in order to study architecture in January 2021 for the 2021-start. I don't really understand how the application process works for the University of Edinburgh. Is it simply based on the essay and my high school grades or do I need to present a portofolio of my work like in other universities? It would be really helpful to get a reply from anyone who knows really, be it a student, counselor or whoever might know. I am also applying for GSA, University of Strathclyde, Robert Gordon University and University of Dundee. IG: @martzyandrei
Edinburgh application process for 2020 was simply based on your personal statement and your predicted or actual A' level grades. No portfolio was requested and a conditional offer was made.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BettyArch)
Edinburgh application process for 2020 was simply based on your personal statement and your predicted or actual A' level grades. No portfolio was requested and a conditional offer was made.
Do you know if a portfolio is required for 2021 entry?
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi looking to study architecture 2021 entry in Scotland (higher grades 4 x A - graph comm/maths/english/biology 1 x B chemistry). A bit worried I dont have an an art portfolio - Strathclyde said thats OK Robert Gordon said must have Art. Waiting to find out from Edinburgh. Glasgow school of art don't know if my graph comm work will suffice and 5th choice may be Architectural engineering at herriot watt. Ive managed to secure work experience at an architects practice in October hols - any suggest or advice much appreciated. Thanks
annamegx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BettyArch)
hi there! I’m also applying for architecture at Edinburgh and wondering if they only make conditional offers? thanks
Oscartashi1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)

University choices:
GCSE grades:
Why Architecture?: This is a question you will likely be asked at interview so it's best to get an answer together sooner rather than later!

Good luck with your applications everyone :grouphugs: For portfolio advice this thread is super useful! Check out the UCAS Applications megathread >> Here
Hey everyone, I’m Applying for architecture at Cambridge, bath, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Nottingham. I’m predicted 4 A*s in Art, physics, maths and further maths.
where is everyone else applying?
annamegx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi there! I’m applying to Edinburgh, Manchester, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Newcastle
claire2orr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)

University choices:
GCSE grades:

hi guys!! i’m applying to bath, cambridge, sheffield, nottingham, UCL for architecture
i’m predicted A*A*A* in maths, chemistry and art
Widget02
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
HI there everyone!!!!

I am predicted AAAB and am applying for

Nottingham
Lancaster
UCL
Sheffield
Edinburgh
Bath

Probably in that order
yasminhammad16
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
hi I'm applying for architecture at UCL, Cardiff, Bath, Edinburgh and Nottingham and I'm predicted A*A*A/A* in art, biology and chemistry )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
17.55%
I'm not sure (5)
2.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (66)
35.11%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (81)
43.09%

Watched Threads