The Student Room Group

Product Design Applicants 2021

Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying! :hello:

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2/BTEC/etc grades:
GCSE grades:
Why Product Design?: This is a question you will likely be asked at interview so it's best to get an answer together sooner rather than later!
BA or BSc Product Design?:
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself?

I am a BA(Hons) product design graduate so if you have any questions about the application process I will be happy to help :smile:

Good luck with your applications everyone :grouphugs: For portfolio advice this thread is super useful! Check out the UCAS Applications megathread >> Here
Original post by DFBean
University choices: edi, edi napier, dundee, robert gordons and strathclyde
What subject(s) are currently studying?: adv. higher chem, higher graphic communication and higher music
Predicted A2/BTEC/etc grades: ?
(Higher) grades: Chemistry: A, Modern studies: A, Maths: B, Computing science: B, Design and manufacture: B.
Why Product Design?: I'm very passionate about good design as good design is so important because it doesn't matter if the idea/purpose of the product is good, it will not succeed without good design.
BA or BSc Product Design?: BA/BDes
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself? I play guitar?

Good luck :biggrin: :hugs:
Uni Choices: Loughborough, Brunel, UCA, Ravensbourne

Subjects: DT, Chemistry, Maths

Predicted grades: ABC (could still change)

GCSE: 8,7,7,7,6,6,6,6,5,4

Why: I want to use my designs to help people across the world, be that a pop up book teaching about ocean pollution (a level project) , or a solar still to collect clean water for developing countries (gcse)

Ba Product Design

Fun Fact: I have two guinea pigs that like to climb up my arm when I hold it out. I also like creating swords on Fusion 360 🤣
University choices:
- Central st Martins
- Chelsea College of arts
- Ravensboune

What subject(s) are currently studying?:
UAL level 3 art and design

Predicted A2/BTEC/etc grades:
Distinction (D)

GCSE grades:
Design Technology - 9
Art and design - 9
Combined Science -99
Geography -8
English Language -8
English literature -7
Maths - 7
Philosophy and ethics - 7
French -6

Why Product Design?:
Fascinated by how we use products everyday in our lives but don't stop to think about how much they help us.The designers that pour their efforts to creating meaningful products that help society are the unsung heroes of society. I want to become one of these "heroes" by using my creative ability to give back and help society.
I also take great pleasure in the process of physically creating and building; and in the manufacturing process. There is something so tangible and rewarding seeing creations and designs come to life , and the endless possibilities of what can be created from raw materials.

BA or BSc Product Design?:
BA Product design

Tell us an interesting fact about yourself?
I'm not a girly girl at all and I love getting stuck in and messy with material and experimenting with them in the workshops/at home. Because of this my study /art room is always messy XD. I've ruined the carpet and there's always bits of cut up materials and my work scattered on the floor. Sometimes I can't walk and I spend so much time trying to find stuff! Although it's messy I really believe it's helped my creative process by thinking outside of the box by looking at the materials and things that are around me.

@CoolCavy I really do look up to you. You are kind of my inspiration:bear:. If it's not too much trouble do you think you could help look over my personal statement? I don't really have anyone who I can ask who is in this field and my college isn't that helpful. I would really appreciate it !
(edited 3 years ago)
heya! i’m applying to do a degree in design and wondering what other applicants take and where they’re planning to apply to
so i’m doing product design, english lit&lang and spanish for a level
i’m applying to loughborough, kingston, northumbria, uwe and trinity saint david
what about you?(:

Latest