The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeMay02
Hahaha yeah we did! Yes I think I’m going to insure Exeter so all is good :smile: xx

Oh good! Best of luck :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by OnAnonAndOn
Oh good! Best of luck :smile:

Thankyou!! And you :smile:
If we all phone and hassle them, they might just send you an email with that very wording! :biggrin:

Rejected by St Andrews yesterday for English (it's wall-to-wall rejections over on that thread at the moment :eek:), but checking in here to see if you've finally got the offer you deserve, and also on the St A thread to see if anyone gets an offer before 20 May.

Hah, wouldn’t that be wonderful-acceptance through sheer peer pressure!
Anyway, thanks for your good thoughts and for checking on me! I appreciate it.
still here, feeling very lonely, think I must be the last man standing for Edinburgh.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by auser77
Hah, wouldn’t that be wonderful-acceptance through sheer peer pressure!
Anyway, thanks for your good thoughts and for checking on me! I appreciate it.
still here, feeling very lonely, think I must be the last man standing for Edinburgh.

:biggrin: :crossedf:
Original post by Anonymous
Same here - really hoping you get the offer you want auser77. I’m sure lots of us are rooting for you. You’ve made this whole process a little bit kinder and more personal for everyone waiting for Edinburgh offers so it feels really harsh you’re having to wait to the very end! . Any uni would be lucky to have someone like you, so fingers crossed. Do you have other options you’d be happy with too?

Aww, thanks! I do what I can. So glad some people are still getting offers this week. Sad there seems to be more rejections though. It is beginning to feel a bit hopeless. Can’t believe they are so heartless to leave me to very last, particularly as I rang them and asked them to look at my file.
I do have other offers but Edinburgh has always been top of my list. Perfect course and I love the city.
All the best to you.
Terrible luck for me today, my car broke down earlier and then got home to find out I’ve been rejected from edi :frown:( so gutted I waited all this time for a rejection

Original post by GeMay02
Rejected from IR, my birthday week is just getting better and better hahaha. Good luck to anyone still waiting xxx

So sorry for both of you. I do hope your week ends with you firming another offer and you can go on to have a massive weekend!
please update the form with your stats. At this point the info will be most useful to those who apply next year I think!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6911302
If we all phone and hassle them, they might just send you an email with that very wording! :biggrin:

Rejected by St Andrews yesterday for English (it's wall-to-wall rejections over on that thread at the moment :eek:), but checking in here to see if you've finally got the offer you deserve, and also on the St A thread to see if anyone gets an offer before 20 May.

Oh, and sorry, I did not commiserate regarding your rejection from St Andrews. So irritating to have them wait so long... but you have Oxford lined up, wonderful for you!
Original post by auser77
Oh, and sorry, I did not commiserate regarding your rejection from St Andrews. So irritating to have them wait so long... but you have Oxford lined up, wonderful for you!

Thank you! I realise how lucky I am to have an offer from my first choice. For everyone to be waiting this long for theirs feels soooo wrong...

Really hoping it's good news for you! :smile:
I've had a gap year and now I'm 19...I'm going to be a year older than most people! I find that a little disconcerting tbh - what if it stops me making friends, or cuts me off from the rest of the people in my flat (esp. as Edinburgh has some students YOUNGER than 18)...

Am I going to end up the oldest person in my flat?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by OceanBacon
I've had a gap year and now I'm 19...I'm going to be a year older than most people! I find that a little disconcerting tbh - what if it stops me making friends, or cuts me off from the rest of the people in my flat (esp. as Edinburgh has some students YOUNGER than 18)...

I'm exactly the same, don't think youd be the only one, a lot of students took a gap year this year which is why they had such a high competition and I'm guessing most under 18s will be Americans. but I wouldn't be disheartened by it, we are all going to be students studying there, I don't think there will be much difference If you are 18 or 19
Original post by gb2001
Have you heard back?

Hi! Yes I did, was given an offer 7 months after I applied 😂
Ended up firming a different uni though :/

It really won’t matter once you get there- lots of students take gap years or even several gap years. My sisters best friends she met at university range in age by 5 years but no one notices. There are so many students and opportunities to meet people with similar interests to you and often you become friends in societies that are in different years or even doing MAs or PHDs so it really won’t be a problem
Reply 5512

I'm turning 21 this year (so defs older than a majority)! I wouldn't stress about that :smile:
hey guys, I have a question for anyone that understands they way different degrees work. Im not sure if a Scottish ma is equivalent to an English one? or closer to a bachelors? I have my a levels and firmed a course that is a Scottish Masters. I know it's a long way away but after graduating can I go on to do a phd? just wondering if this is how it works (google hasn't been very helpful)

Not sure if this has been answered already but Scottish MAs are only masters in title - they are the equivalent of a bachelor's in England. It's because the Scots are able to have one less year of what would be "sixth form" in England in most circumstances, so their degrees are one year longer.
Applied for PPE but received an offer for Politics and Philosophy (entry in spreadsheet is incomplete) after 6.5 months
Original post by lostlanguage
Applied for PPE but received an offer for Politics and Philosophy (entry in spreadsheet is incomplete) after 6.5 months

Congratulations, you got an offer! Will you take up the offer w/o Econ?
Out of curiosity, did your track update today? Just that I understood that they aren’t sending out responses today.
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied at the end of October and was rejected yesterday for history of art and english. Achieved grades were A*AA and entry requirements were AAB-ABB.

It must be a very competitive year but still a hard pill to swallow after taking a gap year to apply. Hope anyone else who hasn’t got what they wanted is doing ok.
Hi! Yes I did, was given an offer 7 months after I applied 😂
Ended up firming a different uni though :/

And because you were the first person to comment anonymously (now up to nearly 300 anonymous in 8 months!)... did you fill out the form when you got your offer in here? 😉
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6911302
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied to study PPE back in October, and have still not gotten my offer, and after a pretty strongly phrased email I found out that the decision on my application was made on the 11th of may (so three days ago) and will be released soon, so I think PPE decisions will be filing in soon
I applied at the end of October and was rejected yesterday for history of art and english. Achieved grades were A*AA and entry requirements were AAB-ABB.

It must be a very competitive year but still a hard pill to swallow after taking a gap year to apply. Hope anyone else who hasn’t got what they wanted is doing ok.

So sorry, I hope you have some other good options. As you say, a very long time to wait for a rejection.
I think you already updated the spreadsheet. Thank you!
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending