Which practical problems will be caused later on by me changing my first name?

Watch
Brahiti
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Which practical problems will be caused later on by me changing my first name? I am a university student entering my 3rd year, I'm a dual national and I am very much in need of advice on this matter! Thank you!
Blueclueless
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Brahiti)
Which practical problems will be caused later on by me changing my first name? I am a university student entering my 3rd year, I'm a dual national and I am very much in need of advice on this matter! Thank you!
It’ll be a drag to change all your legal stuff (ID etc) But other then that probably not much
Brahiti
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Blueclueless)
It’ll be a drag to change all your legal stuff (ID etc) But other then that probably not much
Would it create any problems in regards to job applications? Also what all will I need to get my name changed on? Passport, ID, driving license only?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Also what all will I need to get my name changed on? Passport, ID, driving license only?
Bank account.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
https://deedpolloffice.com/change-name/who-to-tell

basically just updating any document that has your old name on it but read the link i posted above.

ps moved your thread to Advice on everyday issues
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It can sometimes be a pain up the arse but if you change everything and have authentic proof of the name change, it is manageable.
It's always a question, have you changed your name in the past? Or similar wording
Halfeti Rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In my case it caused a few problems in my birth certificate but otherwise everything was fine!!
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The fact that you're a dual national might cause you issues. You might find that the process for changing your name in country 1 might not have legal effect in country 2, and hence that you need to go through two different processes.

Check to see what the process is in both countries before you start, so you know what the practical processes are (and whether it's even possible!) If it possible to change your name in both countries, it might turn out to be best to do it in a particular order.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A lot of admin. Plus the fact that changing anything leads to confusion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed