- Psychology: A*

UCAT:
- VR: 480
- DM: 560
- QR: 620
- AR: 680
- SJT: Band 2
overall: 2340 (585 average)

I am eligible for widening participation and contextual offers. thank you!!
Don't apply to Manchester as you don't meet their GCSE requirements. You'd probably also be at a disadvantage when applying to KCL and Barts with those grades too.

You meet the requirements for Cardiff (although weak chances here) and Plymouth. I'm not familiar with other dental schools at the moment so you'll have to do some research too. Grade wise you have a chance with Bristol but they have a ranking system for UCAT: your UCAT is quite low so I'd say you should expect the possibility of rejections (I'm not saying that you will be rejected, just that it's a possibility)
Reply 2
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Don't apply to Manchester as you don't meet their GCSE requirements. You'd probably also be at a disadvantage when applying to KCL and Barts with those grades too.

You meet the requirements for Cardiff (although weak chances here) and Plymouth. I'm not familiar with other dental schools at the moment so you'll have to do some research too. Grade wise you have a chance with Bristol but they have a ranking system for UCAT: your UCAT is quite low so I'd say you should expect the possibility of rejections (I'm not saying that you will be rejected, just that it's a possibility)

For Cardiff, they state, "GCSE grades must include grade A/7 in the single sciences" does this mean I can still apply since I'm taking A-Level sciences apart from physics? Also for Bristol, they want a 7 in maths for GCSE but I got a 4. Also, do you know if I'm eligible for foundation/gateway courses... I have been researching. Thank you so much.
Original post by yreumhh
For Cardiff, they state, "GCSE grades must include grade A/7 in the single sciences" does this mean I can still apply since I'm taking A-Level sciences apart from physics? Also for Bristol, they want a 7 in maths for GCSE but I got a 4. Also, do you know if I'm eligible for foundation/gateway courses... I have been researching. Thank you so much.

Sorry for Bristol I meant you'd be eligible for the Gateway to dentistry course based on your grades - BUT you need to check your eligibility for this (their criteria is listed on the website).

My mistake you're not eligible for Cardiff (I was thinking more about the UCAT when I wrote that :facepalm:)
You're not eligible for the following:

Barts (don't meet GCSE requirements)

KCL (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Bristol standard entry (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Cardiff (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Manchester (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Sheffield (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Liverpool (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Unfortunately it seems like your GCSEs limit you a lot. Cardiff and Manchester have foundation courses but these are designed for people who have not taken science A-levels - otherwise the requirements are exactly the same as the standard entry so they won't help you here.

You can apply to:

Plymouth

Bristol Gateway (only if you meet their eligibility criteria)

Not sure about what Newcastles GCSE requirements are - best to email and ask. There are few other dental schools (Glasgow, Queens Belfast etc) but I'm not familiar with their requirements right now so it might be a good idea to visit their website and look at their requirements
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Sorry for Bristol I meant you'd be eligible for the Gateway to dentistry course based on your grades - BUT you need to check your eligibility for this (their criteria is listed on the website).

My mistake you're not eligible for Cardiff (I was thinking more about the UCAT when I wrote that :facepalm:)
You're not eligible for the following:

Barts (don't meet GCSE requirements)

KCL (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Bristol standard entry (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Cardiff (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Manchester (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Sheffield (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Liverpool (don't meet GCSE requirements)

Unfortunately it seems like your GCSEs limit you a lot. Cardiff and Manchester have foundation courses but these are designed for people who have not taken science A-levels - otherwise the requirements are exactly the same as the standard entry so they won't help you here.

You can apply to:

Plymouth

Bristol Gateway (only if you meet their eligibility criteria)

Not sure about what Newcastles GCSE requirements are - best to email and ask. There are few other dental schools (Glasgow, Queens Belfast etc) but I'm not familiar with their requirements right now so it might be a good idea to visit their website and look at their requirements

Okay, thank you so much for your help!! I will definitely research this now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest