The Student Room Group

Boys, what would you think if a girl smiled at you?

I have lots of girl friends but no guy friends and want to make some.

Normally i just smile at girls but i dont smile at guys because i dont want then to get the wrong impression. Would you get the wrong impression if a girl smiled at you?

How would you expect a girl to talk to you if she wants to be friends? Im so confused guess I’m socially awkward and don’t want to give the wrong idea or look like a beg, but do want to make some more guy friends at uni😂

Scroll to see replies

You'll probably make more guy friends if you smile at them. Don't think many guys 'get the wrong impression' from being smiled at :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Theloniouss
You'll probably make more guy friends if you smile at them. Don't think many guys 'get the wrong impression' from being smiled at :smile:

True but if i do like thats it?? I wouldn’t approach them to talk and i doubt they would approach me?
Original post by Anonymous
True but if i do like thats it?? I wouldn’t approach them to talk and i doubt they would approach me?

Are you looking for advice on how to make friends? I'm probably not the best person to ask :lol:
That they’re miserable
Just talk to them like normal, the way you talk to your girl friends. No need to force a smile. If smiling feels natural then thats cool.
If you are feeling very unsure, try and be friends with a boy who already has a partner. There may be a chance to expand upon that. Groups may work out too

Then again as a boy, I would say that while I have thought little of the idea, there have been some 'mixed signals' so to speak. But I'm sure just being friendly but not too specific would work, if ygm
ur not gonna give the wrong impression by smiling trust me
Just talk normally like u usually do!!
Reply 9

Normally i just smile at girls but i dont smile at guys because i dont want then to get the wrong impression. Would you get the wrong impression if a girl smiled at you?

How would you expect a girl to talk to you if she wants to be friends? Im so confused guess I’m socially awkward and don’t want to give the wrong idea or look like a beg, but do want to make some more guy friends at uni😂

My opinion is:

If she looks at me she likes me.
If she smiles at me she wants my children.

Spoiler

I hope not because I smile at random strangers in public so I hope they don’t think I’m in love w them or summeh
Reply 11
I mean sometimes I smile as a 'hello' do people really take it the wrong way :rofl3:

I'd think "Wow, somebody just acknowledged me! She must be nice" :dontknow:
That they’re miserable

Sarcasm?
Original post by MrSandyWilly
I'd think "Wow, somebody just acknowledged me! She must be nice" :dontknow:

Great thats the goal haha!!
Original post by vix.xvi
ur not gonna give the wrong impression by smiling trust me

I previously have kind of...and my God did that lead to a whole dilemma
Sarcasm?

Yes :smile:
You wouldnt want to be friends with that person?
True, but I'm talking about like in a university setting, not just a random stranger
Ah ok thats perfect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending