Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
When lockdown happened my landlord didn't want us in the house anymore so we ended up moving to a new student house then rather than the summer before this year like planned. It isn't the nicest area (council housing) but it's what we could afford and overall feels safe.

The fence at the back was partially broken and the landlord said he wouldn't help as it isn't his responsibility, but if we organised to fix it he would reimburse us of the costs. Problem is, nobody was available to fix it due to lockdown so it remained open. Anyway, it became a running joke if we were out in the garden etc. and we got to know the guy at the back quite well. Late thirties, early fourties, lived alone with his dog etc.

When I drink I smoke sometimes (I know, don't) and one evening I got chatting to him alone where he told me he was glad it was just us, that he thought I was the most attractive etc. It totally took me aback and made me feel quite awkward as he's so much older than me and not physically what I'd go for, so I didn't really go out in the garden for a while. Anyway, one time he caught me and apologised for making me feel uncomfortable and things carried on as before. A few weeks pass and I again was out to have a smoke while my housemates were still in drinking and admittedly, I did hope he'd show up. Not sure why, think I just craved the attention. He didn't but the next night I got tipsy and I waved at him, he came out and we ended up having a quickie on his side behind his shed before I head back in. TOTALLY not anything I'd done before and not something I ever imagined I'd do. We didn't even say much we just did it. I didn't tell anyone. There were a few times after this where I'd text him to meet me at the back and we'd do the same.

He asked if I wanted to step things up/experiment a little so I said yes and we started going in his house. He was quite weird about me having a look around or going upstairs but I assumed this was because of the virus and felt it was fair. ANYWAY, lockdown eases and that's when I find out his long-term partner and her two children moved back in. I found out when a housemate told me saying she thought he lived alone but she explained that she and the kids went to stay with their elderly relative during lockdown.

I felt awful and didn't see him again for a good month. He tried texting and texting but I ignored it. I stupidly got angry and went around and sat in his shed saying he needed to come out and see me. I obviously shouted at him etc., that he shouldn't have cheated but this ended up in passionate sex. After he said she 'doesn't do it for him' like I do, that he'd split up with her for me etc. but I wouldn't want a relationship as he's so much older than me so I said it needed to stop and it stopped.

In a resentful, drunken mood, I ended up hooking up with a guy who actually ended up living a road down. He was surprised by the age gap as it's not something he's come across on the app (that's how we hooked up) before (his profile said 36) so I told him about what had gone on etc. and he KNEW THE GUY and proceeded to tell me that HE DOES THAT ALL THE TIME with students like me.

I feel so gross and now have to live with him right there for the next year. what do I do!!!!!
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When lockdown happened my landlord didn't want us in the house anymore so we ended up moving to a new student house then rather than the summer before this year like planned. It isn't the nicest area (council housing) but it's what we could afford and overall feels safe.

The fence at the back was partially broken and the landlord said he wouldn't help as it isn't his responsibility, but if we organised to fix it he would reimburse us of the costs. Problem is, nobody was available to fix it due to lockdown so it remained open. Anyway, it became a running joke if we were out in the garden etc. and we got to know the guy at the back quite well. Late thirties, early fourties, lived alone with his dog etc.

When I drink I smoke sometimes (I know, don't) and one evening I got chatting to him alone where he told me he was glad it was just us, that he thought I was the most attractive etc. It totally took me aback and made me feel quite awkward as he's so much older than me and not physically what I'd go for, so I didn't really go out in the garden for a while. Anyway, one time he caught me and apologised for making me feel uncomfortable and things carried on as before. A few weeks pass and I again was out to have a smoke while my housemates were still in drinking and admittedly, I did hope he'd show up. Not sure why, think I just craved the attention. He didn't but the next night I got tipsy and I waved at him, he came out and we ended up having a quickie on his side behind his shed before I head back in. TOTALLY not anything I'd done before and not something I ever imagined I'd do. We didn't even say much we just did it. I didn't tell anyone. There were a few times after this where I'd text him to meet me at the back and we'd do the same.

He asked if I wanted to step things up/experiment a little so I said yes and we started going in his house. He was quite weird about me having a look around or going upstairs but I assumed this was because of the virus and felt it was fair. ANYWAY, lockdown eases and that's when I find out his long-term partner and her two children moved back in. I found out when a housemate told me saying she thought he lived alone but she explained that she and the kids went to stay with their elderly relative during lockdown.

I felt awful and didn't see him again for a good month. He tried texting and texting but I ignored it. I stupidly got angry and went around and sat in his shed saying he needed to come out and see me. I obviously shouted at him etc., that he shouldn't have cheated but this ended up in passionate sex. After he said she 'doesn't do it for him' like I do, that he'd split up with her for me etc. but I wouldn't want a relationship as he's so much older than me so I said it needed to stop and it stopped.

In a resentful, drunken mood, I ended up hooking up with a guy who actually ended up living a road down. He was surprised by the age gap as it's not something he's come across on the app (that's how we hooked up) before (his profile said 36) so I told him about what had gone on etc. and he KNEW THE GUY and proceeded to tell me that HE DOES THAT ALL THE TIME with students like me.

I feel so gross and now have to live with him right there for the next year. what do I do!!!!!
Well first of all,
Coulda kept it in your knickers just saying.
Second of all, you should have asked, about this man, beforehand, did you just assume from your friends that he lived alone, who trusts other people, you should have asked him yourself.
Third of all, how come you're grossed out at the fact he does it to other girls, I mean surely the fact he has a partner is more gross and the fact you helped him CHEAT on his goddamn partner. He has two kids? Would you like it if your dad ****ed someone else behind your mum and did you dirty like that?
You knew and yet you stated you had "passionate sex" I mean I get the thrill but come on that's a homewrecker move. Safe to say, you shouldn't drink so much if you're going to end up in a kerfuffle being in a "drunken mood" doesn't justify so, it's time to change. I guess it's a lesson, for so many reasons.
Can you move? do you have anyone else you can stay with, for now block all contact do not, get in contact with that man he seems like a shite human being for using you, and cheating on his partner.
Block him, do not talk to him, do not fall for his charm or whatever, if it helps for you to move away move away, if he comes near you and you don't want that file for a restraining order or threaten to tell his partner.
I think if you tell his partner that would be quite a commendable thing to do, it doesn't justify what he or you did behind her back with the knowledge that he's not single and a father, but, it'll make her see sense into how much of a scum he is.
Sorry if I seemed a bit rude, I'm just being honest, also speak to your housemates see if they're willing to relocate, or allow you to relocate or even give you better advice.
Maybe live with another mate, or something.
Last edited by kekedoyouloveme?; 2 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Hmm, this story is hard to believe - troll?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise