The Spectator, Andrew Neil and co-op

Watch
IbeIC123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/09/0...hobic-twitter/

I find it hilarious that all the right wing gammons are annoyed that a business expressed their free market choice to pull their advertising from the spectator. It was also done as a recommendation giving to them by their shareholders and customers. The people they really care about 😂😂😂

What a bunch of snowflakes ❄️
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IbeIC123)

I find it hilarious that all the right wing gammons are annoyed that a business expressed their free market choice to pull their advertising from the spectator. It was also done as a recommendation giving to them by their shareholders and customers. The people they really care about 😂😂😂

Ahem, i trust the irony of you calling people 'snowflakes' in this context is not lost on you...?
Burridge
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

It took the Co-op all but 12 hours to u-turn on this I'm afraid!
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Andrew Neil? Wasn't he the interviewer that Boris Johnson was scared of and refused to be interviewed by?
Burridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Andrew Neil? Wasn't he the interviewer that Boris Johnson was scared of and refused to be interviewed by?
We all know that Cummings was the puppet-master that decided Johnson wasn’t going to be interviewed by Neil. A Trumpian style move!
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

When the people calling other people snowflakes are the snowflakes.
IbeIC123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
When the people calling other people snowflakes are the snowflakes.
Please explain how I’m a snowflake but the people crying about a free market choice aren’t
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please explain how I’m a snowflake but the people crying about a free market choice aren’t
I'm not calling you a snowflake.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As a Right-Wing Gammon™, I think the Coop have the right not to advertise in the Spectator if they disagree with its views on transgenderism and visa versa (ie the Spectator has the right not to take money from woke businesses).

This is exactly why I believe ”the freer the markets, the freer the people” - it's a free country and both organisations have the right not to do business with each other.
Burridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
This is exactly why I believe ”the freer the markets, the freer the people” - it's a free country and both organisations have the right not to do business with each other.
And the more free people are to be exploited! Government intervention and regulation is essential to protect vulnerable people and to further social progress.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burridge)
And the more free people are to be exploited! Government intervention and regulation is essential to protect vulnerable people and to further social progress.
Funnily enough I do think the government should intervene in the free market to ensure that consumers are protected and to ensure that the market remains free.
Burridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
Funnily enough I do think the government should intervene in the free market to ensure that consumers are protected and to ensure that the market remains free.
What do you mean by 'protected' and what do you mean by 'free'? Not trying to be facetious here, just trying to pin your position down.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burridge)
What do you mean by 'protected' and what do you mean by 'free'? Not trying to be facetious here, just trying to pin your position down.
Consumer protection means ensuring people who buy things know what they're buying and aren't being sold a pig in a poke.
I support government intervention in the free market to break up monopolies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads