BTS.jk.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm going to be starting sixth form soon, I am taking IT, Business and Criminology. Do you guys have advice for any of these subjects or life as a college student in general?
Granolakiddo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Same i'm starting sixth form aswell and i think a few points are that revising should be started early, be Organised helps a lot (different folders), also make sure that if you don't know stuff actually ask the teacher after the lesson ends, also also ask them for exam questions. Lastly have fun be yourself and try to make friends
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Business, make sure you stay ahead when it comes to reading the text book. You will be presented with some business models you've never heard of and you don't want that to slow you down trying to grapple with understanding them. Make sure you understand your formulas for finance and the layout of a cash flow statement - they can be tricky.
BTS.jk.
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2_versions)
Business, make sure you stay ahead when it comes to reading the text book. You will be presented with some business models you've never heard of and you don't want that to slow you down trying to grapple with understanding them. Make sure you understand your formulas for finance and the layout of a cash flow statement - they can be tricky.
Thank you for your advice!!
BTS.jk.
Rep:
?
Thank you for your advice!!

(Original post by Granolakiddo)
Same i'm starting sixth form aswell and i think a few points are that revising should be started early, be Organised helps a lot (different folders), also make sure that if you don't know stuff actually ask the teacher after the lesson ends, also also ask them for exam questions. Lastly have fun be yourself and try to make friends
Thank you for your advice, I will start revising ahead.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
no problem mate, and for Year 1 you might want to learn PED and YED early too.
PED = price elasticity of demand and is used to determine if a products price effects the demand of the product. You'll learn this in marketing, but if you haven't taken A-Level economics (like I did) then it can be tricky to learn these in business class, as usually you don't go into as much detail and goes at a faster pace.
https://www.tutor2u.net/business/ref...city-of-demand
YED is the same thing but income elasticity of demand, basically how income changes effect demand. You won't need to learn the reasons behind this in business I don't think - at least not in first year

That being said, college has only just started so don't rush into these topics, take your time. You'll probably come across these topics November-ish if you follow the same pattern I did.
BTS.jk.
Rep:
?
no problem mate, and for Year 1 you might want to learn PED and YED early too.
PED = price elasticity of demand and is used to determine if a products price effects the demand of the product. You'll learn this in marketing, but if you haven't taken A-Level economics (like I did) then it can be tricky to learn these in business class, as usually you don't go into as much detail and goes at a faster pace.
https://www.tutor2u.net/business/ref...city-of-demand
YED is the same thing but income elasticity of demand, basically how income changes effect demand. You won't need to learn the reasons behind this in business I don't think - at least not in first year

That being said, college has only just started so don't rush into these topics, take your time. You'll probably come across these topics November-ish if you follow the same pattern I did.
I can't thank you enough, you have helped me so much I am very grateful. I hope you accomplish your dreams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise