The Student Room Group

Repeating the year on student loan

I have applied for student loan this year but I'm afraid it might be rejected as I failed last year . I did year 1 BA Music Production last year. Then I applied for student loan for this year as 2nd year . I found out that I failed and I will have to repeat the year. I understand that it is possible to fail one year and still be able to get student loan, but my problem is that my very first student loan application was for the HNC course which I did before starting the music production degree. I did pass the HNC but I failed the 1st year doing the BA. Am I still eligible for the loan? Or :Will I loose the student loan?
Original post by mikespider20
I have applied for student loan this year but I'm afraid it might be rejected as I failed last year . I did year 1 BA Music Production last year. Then I applied for student loan for this year as 2nd year . I found out that I failed and I will have to repeat the year. I understand that it is possible to fail one year and still be able to get student loan, but my problem is that my very first student loan application was for the HNC course which I did before starting the music production degree. I did pass the HNC but I failed the 1st year doing the BA. Am I still eligible for the loan? Or :Will I loose the student loan?

Hi Mike, based on this information you have 2 years of previous study. If you have 2 years of previous study then you will need to self fund your repeat year unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest