S.A.M123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to be a primary school teacher in the uk and I want to know what course in university I have to apply to to become this and also how much do teachers get paid (primary) yearly
bluebeetle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I recommend checking out the Get Into Teaching website, they have a lot of the information you will need.

For primary, you can either do an undergraduate teaching degree with QTS, or you can do any undergraduate degree and then post-graduate teacher training (there are a few different routes for postgrad). The undergraduate route may make more sense financially, as you ultimately take on less debt and can get a paid teaching job sooner, but postgrad means you have more career options should you decide teaching isn’t for you, as you’ll have a degree already.

You will likely be paid according to the teachers pay scale, starting at M1 in your first year of teaching. As you gain experience, you will move up the pay scale.
Kay.Mah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bluebeetle)
I recommend checking out the Get Into Teaching website, they have a lot of the information you will need.

For primary, you can either do an undergraduate teaching degree with QTS, or you can do any undergraduate degree and then post-graduate teacher training (there are a few different routes for postgrad). The undergraduate route may make more sense financially, as you ultimately take on less debt and can get a paid teaching job sooner, but postgrad means you have more career options should you decide teaching isn’t for you, as you’ll have a degree already.

You will likely be paid according to the teachers pay scale, starting at M1 in your first year of teaching. As you gain experience, you will move up the pay scale.
Could I do a Hons degree in working with children and family’s to get into teaching. I know you could be an assistant but I want to teach
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (63)
21.58%
No (229)
78.42%

Watched Threads