BigMuffin101
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone had experience with or know if the fine art foundation at the Art Academy London is any good?

I can't find a lot of reviews about the Art Academy london online unfortunately.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
The course doesn’t actually seem to get you any recognised art foundation qualifications.

I would steer well clear and take a FAD awarded by an exam board from a normal FE college over this any day.
BigMuffin101
Rep:
I have an offer from them for the foundation, from what I have read it is an in-house Foundation Diploma which is not part of QCF. Although it is not recognised dose this matter for the foundation? I'm not 100% on how it all works but I thought for the foundation it dose not matter too much where you take it as long as the portfolio is good and you have enough UCAS points.They have had students go onto Goldsmiths, Central Saint Martins, Glasgow school of art and Camberwell college of arts, however I can't find any students reviews for the foundation but I thought this might be as they only take on about 25 students per year for the foundation.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigMuffin101)
I have an offer from them for the foundation, from what I have read it is an in-house Foundation Diploma which is not part of QCF. Although it is not recognised dose this matter for the foundation? I'm not 100% on how it all works but I thought for the foundation it dose not matter too much where you take it as long as the portfolio is good and you have enough UCAS points.They have had students go onto Goldsmiths, Central Saint Martins, Glasgow school of art and Camberwell college of arts, however I can't find any students reviews for the foundation but I thought this might be as they only take on about 25 students per year for the foundation.
It doesn’t matter if you have a great set of A levels that meet entry requirements without a recognised qualification. But it also means that you have zero reassurance that the course is any good.

Honestly I would recommend that you look into a recognised qualification FAD at an FE college instead of risking a profit making “academy”.
BigMuffin101
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
It doesn’t matter if you have a great set of A levels that meet entry requirements without a recognised qualification. But it also means that you have zero reassurance that the course is any good.

Honestly I would recommend that you look into a recognised qualification FAD at an FE college instead of risking a profit making “academy”.
I'll have a look around, hopefully I'll find somewhere else to take me on although I might be a bit late this year. I really wanted to start this year too 😔

Thank you for all your help, I was really unsure of what to do.
Letsbuildacar
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I reckon it is probably alrite and you'll be fine to get into a decent art school as long as your portfolio is upto scratch.
BigMuffin101
Rep:
(Original post by Letsbuildacar)
I reckon it is probably alrite and you'll be fine to get into a decent art school as long as your portfolio is upto scratch.
I'm not exactly looking to go on to uni although I'm keeping an open mind to it. I wanted to explore, build on my skill set more and work on my confidence tbh.

I've just received a offer for an one of Ravensbourne adult course too so I've got to decide today 😅
Letsbuildacar
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigMuffin101)
I'm not exactly looking to go on to uni although I'm keeping an open mind to it. I wanted to explore, build on my skill set more and work on my confidence tbh.

I've just received a offer for an one of Ravensbourne adult course too so I've got to decide today 😅
In that case I hugely recommend the Mary Ward Centre in Holborn, they do one term classes in all types of art. Not expensive as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (12)
8.82%
Okay (40)
29.41%
A bit lacking (48)
35.29%
Not good at all (36)
26.47%

Watched Threads