Workout before school

Watch
pepsiu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I used to be very athletic when I was like 14, in like 3 sports clubs. I ran 5 miles every morning before school, which was fine because I didm’t start until half 9 and my mum gave me lifts. In recent years I’ve let myself go a lot but I want to get back into sport and be healthy again. In year 11 I used to try go to the gym after school but before work or just after school but I was always so tired and never got a good workout in.

Now I’m in year 12, most days I need to be in around 9 or 10 I don’t really have many early finishes except Friday. I also work 3 nights a week 5-9 (two school nights). It also takes an hour and a bit to get to my sixth form. I’m still wondering if it might be best to go for a 40min run in the morning. But I’m worried this might interfere with studies. Does anyone here live on a similar schedule to this? Are you too tired for sixth form after a workout?

My busiest day would look something like this:
5:30-6:00 wake up, chill in bed, drink some water
6:00-7:00 workout and shower
7:00-7:30/40 eat, get dressed, brush teeth, set off for school.
8:50 - 3:00 school
3:00 - 4:00 stay in the library to complete homework
4:00- 5:00 travel to work
5:00 - 9:00 work
9:00 -10:00 travel home
10:00-11:00 eat and maybe shower if I feel dirty.
Sleep sometime after that

I also worry I’m not leaving myself enough time to sleep 7/8 hours
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pepsiu)
So I used to be very athletic when I was like 14, in like 3 sports clubs. I ran 5 miles every morning before school, which was fine because I didm’t start until half 9 and my mum gave me lifts. In recent years I’ve let myself go a lot but I want to get back into sport and be healthy again. In year 11 I used to try go to the gym after school but before work or just after school but I was always so tired and never got a good workout in.

Now I’m in year 12, most days I need to be in around 9 or 10 I don’t really have many early finishes except Friday. I also work 3 nights a week 5-9 (two school nights). It also takes an hour and a bit to get to my sixth form. I’m still wondering if it might be best to go for a 40min run in the morning. But I’m worried this might interfere with studies. Does anyone here live on a similar schedule to this? Are you too tired for sixth form after a workout?

My busiest day would look something like this:
5:30-6:00 wake up, chill in bed, drink some water
6:00-7:00 workout and shower
7:00-7:30/40 eat, get dressed, brush teeth, set off for school.
8:50 - 3:00 school
3:00 - 4:00 stay in the library to complete homework
4:00- 5:00 travel to work
5:00 - 9:00 work
9:00 -10:00 travel home
10:00-11:00 eat and maybe shower if I feel dirty.
Sleep sometime after that

I also worry I’m not leaving myself enough time to sleep 7/8 hours
Maybe try walking to school? It means that you don't have to spend 40 minutes exercising, and you're going to have to travel anyway (so you end up saving time!).

I live about 6km away from my school and I've been walking both ways for about a year now, and it works for me.
jazzj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
Maybe try walking to school? It means that you don't have to spend 40 minutes exercising, and you're going to have to travel anyway (so you end up saving time!).

I live about 6km away from my school and I've been walking both ways for about a year now, and it works for me.
omg I live about that far away from my new school too!! I do really want to walk there in the morning since there's quite a bit of traffic, but it feels like so far haha. How long does it take you? 45mins-1hr? and do you have to go on any footpaths/dodgier roads cos that's mostly what I'm worried about especially when it's dark in winter
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jazzj)
omg I live about that far away from my new school too!! I do really want to walk there in the morning since there's quite a bit of traffic, but it feels like so far haha. How long does it take you? 45mins-1hr? and do you have to go on any footpaths/dodgier roads cos that's mostly what I'm worried about especially when it's dark in winter
I walk quickly (and have a light and back-friendly backpack), so around 40 minutes. (but sometimes more if I need to bring the heavy bio textbook).

The road is quite nice - there aren't many other people (but quite a few cars), so I feel safe, but also not crowded. Part of my journey is next to a park, and also next to a cemetery, and most of the areas I go through are quite residential (not directly around my school though). I live in quite central London, so all roads have good pavements and I avoid dodgy shortcuts or alleyways.

In winter it's quite dark, but I personally love it (although I've been lucky and have never been followed or mugged or anything; I never listen to music or anything).

However, the route I do is quite safe, so you should probably check yours. Also, invest in a good backpack - I used a rubbish one for most of last year and injured my back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads