Criminal psychology epq- URGENT HELP

Watch
saffira
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hey! resubmitting this to hopefully get
more response, wanted to know peoples thoughts on my EPQ title. please give constructive criticism e.g. will this be a good topic to research, any knowledge you have already on the topic. Please help this is very urgent.

‘To what extent does repression and false memory an issue in criminal psychology?’
Last edited by saffira; 2 months ago
katnix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Here I think false memory is a issue in criminal psychology because if your working with criminals false memories can lead to difficulties analysing the criminals behaviour and pattern. Regression is basically subduing someone by force so if you force a criminal into a act by force I think that could lead to negative consequences like for example if I try to force a criminal into telling me about a past they do not want to speak about that could lead the criminal to behave differently or that could gain less of the criminals trust and also may lead to the criminal being untruthful about his/her statements to me about the criminals past. So regression may lead to negative consequences and false memory is basically when the person’s has a belief system that isn’t the truth or is entirely made up which could mean the criminal is trying to block a memory because of either trauma or mental illness.
katnix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s a issue because in order to help the criminal you would need to overcome whatever issue you feel the criminal is suffering from. False memory you would need to analyse whether the criminal has had any trauma in the past or any mental illness that he/she could be suffering from. So if it’s mental illness you would need to overcome it by seeking treatment plans to help the victims mental illness it could be putting the criminal into a mental hospital or even getting him on medication or if suffering from trauma from anything it may have experienced in the past get the criminal a therapist. But this where repression comes in because if the criminal doesn’t want any help you may need to force him to get the help which would lead to mistrust. So you would first have to gain and work with the criminal for a long time in order to gain his/her trust in order to establish a trust system. They afterwards you could try to convince the criminal into seeking that help in order for him/her to get better
nightingalegend
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
personally i think that’s great! not too broad but not too narrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (837)
42.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads