The Student Room Group
its a fact that hair grows quicker during warmer weather, so go on holiday :wink:

if not a regular 3 month trim stimulates my hair to grow, and helps my hair stay strong.
Reply 2
One way of making hair grow longer is not cutting it.

As for quicker, I don't think there's actually any scientific proof that sunlight helps growth rate. As for the regular trim, only get it trimmed when you actually see split ends. People think that regularly trimming hair speeds up growth - it doesn't, you cut off what you've just grown. Trims only help when split ends threaten to travel up the hair shaft and ruin it.

Vitamins don't do anything either, other than make it healthy. Growth rate is down to genes/hormones.
Reply 3
Eat lots of protein (amino acids?). Eat plenty of fruit and veg. Be generally healthy. Take special vitamins for hair (ask in Holland and Barret). Have regular trims, only little though, to get rid of split ends.
Vikernes
One way of making hair grow longer is not cutting it.

As for quicker, I don't think there's actually any scientific proof that sunlight helps growth rate. As for the regular trim, only get it trimmed when you actually see split ends. People think that regularly trimming hair speeds up growth - it doesn't, you cut off what you've just grown. Trims only help when split ends threaten to travel up the hair shaft and ruin it.

Vitamins don't do anything either, other than make it healthy. Growth rate is down to genes/hormones.

i did read it in some fact book that hair grows longer in warm weather- not sunlight, but i dunno
:confused:
Reply 5
rainjan_4now
i did read it in some fact book that hair grows longer in warm weather- not sunlight, but i dunno
:confused:

Sorry, meant warm weather too. While there's no actual proof, I know many long haired people who say their hair did grow faster, while others noticed no different or in fact a slower rate. It may work for you, you can only try. :smile:
Reply 6
some vitamins help to hair growth. You can search google and find out which ones, then buy some vitamins.
Reply 7
IZZY!
some vitamins help to hair growth. You can search google and find out which ones, then buy some vitamins.

The only way vitamins will speed up hair growth is if you are currently lacking a necessary (hair related) nutrient in your diet, and by making up for this deficiency with a vitamin supplement, you will be able to bring growth rate back up to its regular level.

It's all about the genes.
Reply 8
a good hair cut can make your hair look longer. I've just had my first haircut in over 2 years (yes i was that skint). I had about 12" cut off and no one noticed. Get all the stragly split ends cut out on a regular basis - you hair will look thicker and longer.

my hair seems to have grown more recently, I think it's down to all the medication I have to take. The thing that has changed is that my poker straight mousey brown hair has become blond and wavy - i can only think it's due to the meds.
Hmm, all I have to say is I'm sorry I didn't get here any earlier :p:

Well so far the members here have already given out some great advice, but to add to that (as... one of the TSR hair advisors on the forums :wink: :biggrin: ) I'd suggest to still keep getting your hair trimmed! Every 8 weeks is good, as it leaves lots of time for the hair to grow. But as much as I know you want to grow your hair, it is imperitive that it's also in good condition too :cool:

And this can be aided with regular trims to reduce the amount of split ends, so you're hair will eventually not only look long, but lush too :elefant:

Oh, and be sure to make it clear to the hairdresser that you want only like a cm off! Some dressers have a habit of trimming a bit tooo much and that can be really annoying :mad: So be clear with your hairdresser.

All the best,

Luv Danni x

P.S. Hair health-wise, biotin is meant to be good for the hair. Not sure of all the food sources at the top of my head, but almonds are a good source.

Latest

Trending

Trending