username5332452
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How many quotes per text would you say I memorise???
This includes quotes per chapter characters and themes.
Cactus.554
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I memorised about 4/5 for each theme/ character. However some of these quotes can overlap between themes/ characters so you may not have to learn new quotes for every single topic.
I would say that it’s more important to be able to explain a few quotes really well, than memorising 100 quotes but not knowing what they mean.
username5332452
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Cactus.554)
I memorised about 4/5 for each theme/ character. However some of these quotes can overlap between themes/ characters so you may not have to learn new quotes for every single topic.
I would say that it’s more important to be able to explain a few quotes really well, than memorising 100 quotes but not knowing what they mean.
Did you make any mindmaps if so, could you please send me a picture. I am having a lot of trouble deciding what to put on my mind map for each chapter. Thanks.
Cactus.554
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi
Sorry I don’t have any mindmaps I made (I’m yr 13 and I threw all my English books away) But they would have looked similar to this, which I found on google images (although mine were 100x less neat haha)
Name:  4D74DDE4-C24D-4897-9FC2-FA7465E83104.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  51.7 KB
Name:  EC79FADC-D655-40D2-ACCC-1C52B900F355.jpg.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  49.0 KB
username4793362
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cactus.554)
Imagine the one you didn’t memorise came up😂😂
josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you don't actually need quotes you can just paraphrase them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads