The Student Room Group

How skinny girls stay skinny?

Scroll to see replies

It's called not over-eating. Everyone has a maintenance level of calories which will keep their weight more or less the same.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
If you did, you would have gained weight. The food you ate does not just disappear.

Tell that to my body 🤷🏾*♀️
Its all to do with the genes
If I have been eating healthy all year and lost weight then I go out to eat just once then I’ll be gaining all of it back that same week. My metabolism is the opposite of usain bolt
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Tell that to my body 🤷🏾*♀️

Yes because your body and only your body is just exempt from the laws of thermodynamics.
It's all about habits, too.
Original post by Moonlight rain
If I have been eating healthy all year and lost weight then I go out to eat just once then I’ll be gaining all of it back that same week. My metabolism is the opposite of usain bolt

Food and water weight.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Yes because your body and only your body is just exempt from the laws of thermodynamics.

Exactly! You finally get it.
Do you still enjoy the snacks you like? Do you watch what you eat? What’s your secret? Is it all depending on metabolism? Do you have have to substitute a meal in order to eat your favourite snack?

yess i eat at least 4 pieces of junk food a day lmao
acc as im typing im having sweets lol
honestly idek why im so skinny cuz i eat so unhealthy aha

i think i just have little food and often, and ive gotten used to it....so i eat little during meal times and snack all the time whihc probs isnt good but yeah thats why im skinny ig?
Exactly! You finally get it.

haha so funny
Yes I still have two unhealthy snacks a day. I do watch what I eat a lot and don't eat that much, which is exactly my secret. if you never eat much you just have a small appetite and struggle to eat a lot. No I eat 3 meals a day, just not very big ones.
Do you still enjoy the snacks you like? Do you watch what you eat? What’s your secret? Is it all depending on metabolism? Do you have have to substitute a meal in order to eat your favourite snack?

Ever since I became vegetarian I’ve not gained weight despite eating 3 full meals everyday and snacking I’m still 52-53kg so I do think it has a lot to do with diet and the fact that meat just has so much fat which if you don’t exercise regularly won’t burn off and you will ultimately put on weight.
Weighing in here. I’m exactly the same weight as I was six years ago. I’m a ectomorph. No I do not weigh myself. I do not follow any diet. A good exercise plan is important as well. Part of it is genetics. A fast metabolism is only one tiny slice of the whole pie.
Original post by vix.xvi
yess i eat at least 4 pieces of junk food a day lmao
acc as im typing im having sweets lol
honestly idek why im so skinny cuz i eat so unhealthy aha

i think i just have little food and often, and ive gotten used to it....so i eat little during meal times and snack all the time whihc probs isnt good but yeah thats why im skinny ig?

l am having sweets as well l dont eat much junk food lol
Original post by Scottishlad888
l am having sweets as well l dont eat much junk food lol

oh lolll
Original post by Call_Meh_QTpi
It doesn't matter if your skinny or fat or curvy. All it matters is your personality

What a load of BS!
Original post by vix.xvi
oh lolll

l have a 4 pack of mars bars a 4 pack of bounty bars 4 large cakes chicken curry and cola /IRN-BRU mince pies and lots of other food l bought it all yesterday you are best to eat a full meal each day lol
l have a 4 pack of mars bars a 4 pack of bounty bars 4 large cakes chicken curry and cola /IRN-BRU mince pies and lots of other food l bought it all yesterday you are best to eat a full meal each day lol

Loll sounds good
What's irn-bru?
Original post by vix.xvi
Loll sounds good
What's irn-bru?

Its a fizzy drink made in Scotland Glasgow they sell it in England in all the super markets it comes in cans and bottles its very nice you can goggle it
Its a fizzy drink made in Scotland Glasgow they sell it in England in all the super markets it comes in cans and bottles its very nice you can goggle it

Oooh yeah I think I've heard of it acc
But I don't think they sell it here? Or maybe I've just never noticed it int the supermarkets....might buy it next time and try it lol

Quick Reply

Latest