Ukstudent1415
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I submitted my application on March at I have my BRP Settlement status. Which I sent it to student finance by post and got it back. There is an home office check being done. So far it’s been12 working days since the home office check was raised. And still there haven’t been any updates.
I want to say If I am eligible for home university fees. Being a home student. Then I should be eligible for student finance as this is just wasting my time. As I also want to get an update on my application being starting university in 2 weeks.

Cheers
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The rules for home fees and student finance are different. Eligibility for home fees doesn’t automatically indicate eligibility for student support.
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ukstudent1415)
I submitted my application on March at I have my BRP Settlement status. Which I sent it to student finance by post and got it back. There is an home office check being done. So far it’s been12 working days since the home office check was raised. And still there haven’t been any updates.
I want to say If I am eligible for home university fees. Being a home student. Then I should be eligible for student finance as this is just wasting my time. As I also want to get an update on my application being starting university in 2 weeks.

Cheers
Unfortunately Student finance is not the home office, so any delays lay with the HO.
Ukstudent1415
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shirohige)
Unfortunately Student finance is not the home office, so any delays lay with the HO.
Mate unfortunately STUDENT FINANCE In July sent my Home office check to the wrong department and no one had a looked at it and let me know. So 2weeks later I rang student finance and found that out. So Unfortunately Student Finance could have avoided the 2/3 weeks delay.
Last edited by Ukstudent1415; 1 month ago
Ukstudent1415
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The rules for home fees and student finance are different. Eligibility for home fees doesn’t automatically indicate eligibility for student support.
Yep, I totally understand that but if u were in my place u would be annoyed as first student finance send the home office check to the wrong department making me wait for 2/3week only to find out it has been sent to the wrong department. Secondly another home office check was sent which the student finance can’t provide an update about. Thirdly another home office check is sent and i am still waiting for this. As seen the outcome from last to “home office check” were not understandable. And confusing and messed responsibility from Student finance.
And if a student has got there settlement status what is the need for the check. As it is just a waste of time. Already wasted my last 1 month on home office check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads