HELP I need advice for my future please help help

Watch
Anonymous_..
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've never posted or commented on here before but I would really appreciate some advice I'm starting uni in a couple of days to study graphic design. However I've been having some doubts as I haven't done graphics since GCSE and even though I like the idea of graphic design and I'm interested in it, I can't help but think about swapping to do a film course instead. I took film at A Level and I feel like I am more passionate about it. I also believe I'll enjoy myself more taking film production as a course rather than graphics. I'm thinking I should peruse my original aspiration to study graphic design, as I think switching course before enrollment would be very tricky anyway. Also I am worried that film is such a competitive field my degree would be useless. Even though the course would be full of practical work. I would love to work on films and develop my knowledge in film but I can imagine studying graphics would help me more in the future realistically. I'd like to be an editor for an indie magazine company or something along those lines. Or a creative director for branding and marketing. If I were to study graphic design for three years and get my degree at the end of it, I would like to think I could then turn my attention to film again and perhaps create my own short film or screenplay. I would have to touch up my skills again obviously before I go straight into either of those, as I'll sure forget a lot in 3 years !! But I would love to have time after uni to explore film again after and see where that takes me. I have friends going on to study film aswell at Uni so I would love to collaborate with them and learn from them too. But if that doesn't work out for me then I know I still have my qualifications in graphic design.Would that be my best option? Study graphic design at uni but explore film afterwards again? Or should I just see if I could study film at Uni and not
Last edited by Anonymous_..; 2 months ago
Medici66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (598)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (736)
41.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.48%

Watched Threads