The Student Room Group

how many "watched threads" do you have? And do you wish it were easier to unfollow?

I checked and I had like 70 today, and by the time I was done cleaning up only 8 remained (mostly blogs lol). It seems to take ages to delete them. I wish you could go down the list and tick all the ones you want to delete, then do it all in one go, rather than going through each individually (unless I'm missing something lol)

Scroll to see replies

I have 3.
You can also unfollow a watched thread by clicking 'unwatch' immediately after posting a comment and will still receive notification of all replies to your comment.
Original post by nursingstudentuk
I checked and I had like 70 today, and by the time I was done cleaning up only 8 remained (mostly blogs lol). It seems to take ages to delete them. I wish you could go down the list and tick all the ones you want to delete, then do it all in one go, rather than going through each individually (unless I'm missing something lol)

there's a checkbox on the top right to tick them all and then you can uncheck the ones you want to keep
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
there's a checkbox on the top right to tick them all and then you can uncheck the ones you want to keep

Ah I see it now, in manage threads :facepalm: You know, I didn't see the option to disable notifications after selecting them... but I think thats because its at the bottom of the list of threads and my list is so long lol :biggrin::biggrin: thank you :smile:
Ah I see it now, in manage threads :facepalm: You know, I didn't see the option to disable notifications after selecting them... but I think thats because its at the bottom of the list of threads and my list is so long lol :biggrin::biggrin: thank you :smile:

glad to help :smile:
2226 currently watched threads :h:
Currently 531 :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 7
Are you lunatics aware that you can disable auto-watching threads
Original post by Sinnoh

:yep:
I've only got 3.....I'm ruthless about un-watching threads
Original post by harrysbar
I've only got 3.....I'm ruthless about un-watching threads

Doesn't that take time and effort?
ah i see it now, in manage threads :facepalm: you know, i didn't see the option to disable notifications after selecting them... But i think thats because its at the bottom of the list of threads and my list is so long lol :d:d thank you :smile:

loooooooooooooooool.
Reply 13
422 :mmm:
Reply 14
933 :blushing:
I like being able to follow them as more people comment so not really.
1361 threads and 6 forums
Most of the threads are from years ago when i had auto watch toggled
Original post by Sinnoh

not til today :biggrin::biggrin:
536:colonhash:
ive disabled watched thread notifs though :colone:
I have 621 :giggle: and I go through a few pages fairly often to delete the subscriptions to ones I don’t need :lol:
Only 197 :dontknow:
that reminds me to go back and unwatch some threads right now

Quick Reply

Latest