Business Analytics with no experience

Watch
Dragon89
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to study a masters in MSc Business analytics or similar, however have no experience other than a BSc in Business Management.

I have a year or two before I want to attempt the masters, can someone let me know some strategies? Reading won’t be enough because I have to have proof that I have learnt it and achieved something ie a grade.

Would a Graduate Diploma in business analytics from the University of London (Online) be a good start? It seems for this course they want me to attend a teaching centre.

Let me know if your ideals and opinions!
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd start by downloading Tableau. Then go on Kaggle and do a few of the Monday events they have. Analyse data using a simple piece of software like that.

Also: Apply for the PwC summer internship. It'll help you get what you want.
Dragon89
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
I'd start by downloading Tableau. Then go on Kaggle and do a few of the Monday events they have. Analyse data using a simple piece of software like that.

Also: Apply for the PwC summer internship. It'll help you get what you want.
I asked a PwC recruiter and they said they don’t allow graduates on, they have to wait 1 year. I don’t know if this is true because two different student recruiters said two differed things...
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dragon89)
I asked a PwC recruiter and they said they don’t allow graduates on, they have to wait 1 year. I don’t know if this is true because two different student recruiters said two differed things...
Just go to PwC's website and apply. .They have a testing system. If you pass, they'll interview you. If you're good at math under pressure and quick, you'll do fine.
danielryre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My advice to you is take some Coursera or Edx Certificate courses, teach youself how to program in Python and R, and some statistics too. If you later decide to enroll in the Msc In BA, the certificates you earned from these MOOCS can help strenghten your application too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (86)
21.29%
No (318)
78.71%

Watched Threads