Brexit voters rock up at Dover

Watch
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://news.sky.com/story/anti-immi...dover-12064284

Nine people have been arrested after anti-migrant protesters clashed with police and blocked a dual carriageway into Dover.
Rival groups assembled in the coastal town in Kent to demonstrate over the arrival of thousands of migrants in small boats.
Kent Police said the arrests were for alleged offences including racially aggravated public order, violent disorder and assaulting an emergency worker.

That'll stop those damn migrants coming over. A bunch of racists at Dover port...

What did these people think they'd achieve? I've got to admit, I'm sick to the back teeth of protests.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Punchan antifa)
Western governments wont do anything about immigration. Shortly after WW2, they flooded Europe with non-stop immigration now Europe isn't European at all. It looks like genocide to me, but you justify it so really being preached about racism and hate from peopel who support erradicating all European ethnic groups doesn't mean much to me.

Those who are labelled fascists are those who resist their evil... those who push this agenda, are racists who have their own ethno-state in fact live in their segregated communitteis.
Immigration for the most part is good. They contribute more than they cost.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They’re anti-immigration protestors, calling them Brexit voters is a wilful misrepresentation
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Underscore__)
They’re anti-immigration protestors, calling them Brexit voters is a wilful misrepresentation
Just have a look at the clip of them man. Go on Twitter, watch some videos. They voted to leave, no doubt about it. All for sovereignty and getting little England back.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Just have a look at the clip of them man. Go on Twitter, watch some videos. They voted to leave, no doubt about it. All for sovereignty and getting little England back.
By calling them Brexit voters you’re clearly trying to demonise all of those who voted for or support Brexit. They all likely use toilet paper and wear underwear but you wouldn’t headline it as: “underwear wearing, toilet paper users rock up at Dover”.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
By calling them Brexit voters you’re clearly trying to demonise all of those who voted for or support Brexit. They all likely use toilet paper and wear underwear but you wouldn’t headline it as: “underwear wearing, toilet paper users rock up at Dover”.
That’s exactly what I’m trying to do. Again, just take a look of the footage. These type of people were led a merry dance by the mega rich, and these type of people chose and were successful in economically euthanising this country. Racist sheep.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s exactly what I’m trying to do. Again, just take a look of the footage. These type of people were led a merry dance by the mega rich, and these type of people chose and were successful in economically euthanising this country. Racist sheep.
How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make generalisations about 17,410,742 people?
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make generalisations about 17,410,742 people?
Honestly, I couldn’t give a ****. The issue at hand here is that a bunch of right wing thugs descended on Dover to achieve the square root of nothing, apart from attacking police, which is just the norm now.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly, I couldn’t give a ****. The issue at hand here is that a bunch of right wing thugs descended on Dover to achieve the square root of nothing, apart from attacking police, which is just the norm now.
The issue is anti-immigration protestors had violent clashes with police but:
1. Your choice to call them Brexit voters is a misleading effort to tar all Brexit voters/supporters with the same brush.
2. When you say ‘the norm’ you make out like this happens every day of the week; it’s still a pretty uncommon occurrence.
3. Violence seems to be commonplace at almost all protests now, it comes across as though you’re implying it’s unique to the far right.
Last edited by Underscore__; 3 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
The issue is anti-immigration protestors had violent clashes with police but:
1. Your choice to call them Brexit voters is a misleading effort to tar all Brexit voters/supporters with the same brush.
2. When you say ‘the norm’ you make out like this happens every day of the week; it’s still a pretty uncommon occurrence.
3. Violence seems to be commonplace at almost all protests now, it comes across as though you’re implying it’s unique to the far right.
That’s my point. Violence is commonplace at all protests now, which is just so wrong. However at no point did I suggest it was just the right. Look at my post history, I’ve condemned violence at all protests we’ve seen over the last few months, especially the BLM ones.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s my point. Violence is commonplace at all protests now, which is just so wrong. However at no point did I suggest it was just the right. Look at my post history, I’ve condemned violence at all protests we’ve seen over the last few months, especially the BLM ones.
Well in that case I apologise for misinterpreting
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What better way to stop illegal immigration than wasting police time dealing with a silly little protest.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
What better way to stop illegal immigration than wasting police time dealing with a silly little protest.
PRSOM
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
****ing pillocks...

I have my views on illegal immigration, but this isn’t the way to go about it - far from it.
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
99% of them probably voted for Brexit.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
99% of them probably voted for Brexit.
I wouldn’t disagree but that’s not the point. In calling them Brexit voters rather than anti-immigration protestors it’s an attempt to demonise all Brexit voters (something the OP admitted to doing)
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
I wouldn’t disagree but that’s not the point. In calling them Brexit voters rather than anti-immigration protestors it’s an attempt to demonise all Brexit voters (something the OP admitted to doing)
They’ve voted to economically euthanise this country with absolutely not regards for the fallout. Despite what we’re learning everyday about just how poor we’re going to be when all this is said and done they still stick to their tired rhetoric. They deserve to be demonised.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They’ve voted to economically euthanise this country with absolutely not regards for the fallout. Despite what we’re learning everyday about just how poor we’re going to be when all this is said and done they still stick to their tired rhetoric. They deserve to be demonised.
Whether Brexit was the right or wrong decision remains to be seen but your language is very dramatic, you seem to be very proud of this ‘economically euthanise’ phrase.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Whether Brexit was the right or wrong decision remains to be seen but your language is very dramatic, you seem to be very proud of this ‘economically euthanise’ phrase.
It does not ‘remain to be seen.’ The economic consequences have been well documented, but seemingly skipped over by the leave side. Our trade deals are non existent, trading on WTO rules would be a disaster and we’re going to be spending more on red tape than our entire membership of the EU cost. In no way does it ‘remain to be seen.’ If you believe that you’ll happily believe all the other drivel Johnson and co have spouted.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It does not ‘remain to be seen.’ The economic consequences have been well documented, but seemingly skipped over by the leave side. Our trade deals are non existent, trading on WTO rules would be a disaster and we’re going to be spending more on red tape than our entire membership of the EU cost. In no way does it ‘remain to be seen.’ If you believe that you’ll happily believe all the other drivel Johnson and co have spouted.
It does remain to be seen, it’s far too early to judge as we’re not even out of the transition period yet. The idea of judging a constitutional change before it’s even been fully implemented is incredibly shortsighted.
Last edited by Underscore__; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.03%
No (322)
77.97%

Watched Threads