The Student Room Group

Starting at 42

Im due to start my access course in a couple of weeks, Im unsure about needing gcse's for uni though. I cant remember what gcse grades i got but i know i didnt do great.
Would the maths and english element of the access course be equivalant to functional skills?
I do have an NVQ2 but i know this wont really be taken into account.
So im now wondering if i will have to do my gcse's along side my access.
Original post by ZowieM
Im due to start my access course in a couple of weeks, Im unsure about needing gcse's for uni though. I cant remember what gcse grades i got but i know i didnt do great.
Would the maths and english element of the access course be equivalant to functional skills?
I do have an NVQ2 but i know this wont really be taken into account.
So im now wondering if i will have to do my gcse's along side my access.

You will need GCSE English and Maths standalone.
If you dont have them, then arrange with the college to sit them at the same timer. It should be free.
If you cant manage that then you can try FS level 2 as some unis accept them and they are sat more frequently plus shorter.
You need to check your target unis to see whether they accept FS because not all will.
NVQ2 is vocational and not the correct sort of qualification..
Reply 2
My friend went to Uni and she had No gcse's, The Uni accepted her with only the access course.
Im going to wait till i start the access, talk to college then i will call my target Uni's and see if they would accept me without gcse's, if i can get away with not doing them id much prefer that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending