Mustafa2021
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I am starting revision for lord of the flies and Romeo and Juliet and I am literally drained. I have no idea what to do. What to write in the exam. Like idk how many paragraphs to right and their structure🤦🏻*♂️.
I am good with poetry. But when it comes to texts I just don’t. So I’ve decided to make mindmaps now and was stuck again. Like I want to make a mindmap on every chapter, character and themes. But I’m struggling. And most of the mindmaps I have seen don’t even write about chapters. Should I just skip that and make a mindmap of characters and themes,?
Last edited by Mustafa2021; 1 month ago
Ricky2323
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mustafa2021)
So I am starting revision for lord of the flies and Romeo and Juliet and I am literally drained. I have no idea what to do. What to write in the exam. Like idk how many paragraphs to right and their structure🤦🏻*♂️.
I am good with poetry. But when it comes to texts I just don’t. So I’ve decided to make mindmaps now and was stuck again. Like I want to make a mindmap on every chapter, character and themes. But I’m struggling. And most of the mindmaps I have seen don’t even write about chapters. Should I just skip that and make a mindmap of characters and themes,?
May I ask what syllabus you are doing? (AQA/Edexcel/other)
Panjsuce
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make mind maps for all the themes and characters or you can do posters/note form etc. Make sure this includes key quotes, context, ideas you could include in an essay. There’s loads of things online, blogs and YouTube channels like Mr Salles and Mr Bruff to support you. Make sure in your mind maps you understand the function of each character/theme. What is the bigger role of including this theme/character? E.g. Piggy’s character’s role in being a symbol for the oppressed lower-class in post-war Britain, highlighted through him being isolated on the island for his inferior status. After this, make essay plans for sample questions or just questions on all the themes/characters. Essays should include an introduction, a few paragraphs which include analysis of the text and a solid conclusion. When planning, make sure you have an idea that you’ll ‘argue’ in your essay, using the text and your analysis to support your argument/back your case. Here is an example essay for Lord of the Flies to see the sort of thing expected:
https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea...ssay/#comments
The more plans and practice, the more you’ll understand exactly what is expected of you
Panjsuce
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This blog page here was extremely helpful for LOTF.
https://ivcgcseenglish.wordpress.com/lord-of-the-flies/
Can’t speak for R&J as I studied Macbeth but Shakespeare I would say understanding the play chronologically would be really helpful as well as all other mentioned tips
Mustafa2021
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ricky2323)
May I ask what syllabus you are doing? (AQA/Edexcel/other)
Aqa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise