The Student Room Group

Can I become a dentist?

I'm currently in college and I'm doing my a levels in bio chem and psychology however I think I'll obtain Bs so is it possible for me that after college i study dental nursing and then apply for dentistry?? Please help me.
@Mesopotamian. your services are required :biggrin:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
@Mesopotamian. your services are required :biggrin:

Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

OP, what are your predicted grades? Have you sat the UCAT? Are you in year 12 or 13?
Reply 3
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

OP, what are your predicted grades? Have you sat the UCAT? Are you in year 12 or 13

I plan to take a gap year so I haven't done the ukcat. I'm in yr 12 going to year 13. My predictions are BBB
Original post by tigera111
I plan to take a gap year so I haven't done the ukcat. I'm in yr 12 going to year 13. My predictions are BBB

If you’re not applying this year and those are predictions rather than achieved grades then there isn’t really any point planning around them.

Standard dentistry requirements are AAA or A*AA. Some contextual offers are lower. Why not be optimistic and work hard, aiming for these grades rather than BBB - then you won’t have this problem to think about.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Mesopotamian.
If you’re not applying this year and those are predictions rather than achieved grades then there isn’t really any point planning around them.

Standard dentistry requirements are AAA or A*AA. Some contextual offers are lower. Why not be optimistic and work hard, aiming for these grades rather than BBB - then you won’t have this problem to think about.

I'll try my best for the time being then.
Do you know which dental schools have a specific manual dexterity station (e.g. completing a practical task) in interview? @Mesopotamian.
Original post by GotAQQuestion
Do you know which dental schools have a specific manual dexterity station (e.g. completing a practical task) in interview? @Mesopotamian.

Cardiff do from what I remember. Don't know any others sorry

Quick Reply

Latest