Men, what particular qualities would you look for in a future wife?

Watch
Poll: Would you like to start your own family or stay single for the rest of your life?
Yes, I would like to have my own family! (26)
86.67%
No, I want to stay single and date for the rest of my life! (4)
13.33%
Imperial Majesty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
idk about every one but, just a person i can chill with, relax and talk about deep sh**t, i would look for like their interdependent(no drama get sh**t done /talks about how she is going to fix things that just complaining about how **** her life is ) and a person who is smart with life like common scene well rounded person (not book smart or good uni BUT that is a plus). i hate people whit huge amounts of make up just a bit or non and also people act dumb ALSO THEY SAY WHAT THEY MEAN SO NO HITS OR GAMES AND DONT BE LATE

that is about it
nursingstudentuk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Well I've never been in a relationship so I really wouldn't know but from my perspective compromise just leads to pent up animosity towards the other party especially if said compromise means you can't do something you love.
well thats fine, and fair enough. but imo, thats the whole point of compromise, you sit down and discuss it together until you are both happy. For example, say you and your partner are searching for a flat together, and one of you wants to be close to your new workplace or uni, but the other wants to live close to their family still. Well, you both compromise, meet somewhere in the middle, and pick a flat that is close to or in between both, so that you can both get to where you need to go and be happy. Or another compromise may even be "well, uni is temporary, but my family will always live over here, it just means your travel will be inconvenient temporarily" or "maybe we live separately for a while and move in when you are done at uni". You never know lol. Just about communicating til you are both happy. But I don't think compromise should ever have to result in you giving up something you love! :/
nursingstudentuk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Imperial Majesty)
idk about every one but, just a person i can chill with, relax and talk about deep sh**t, i would look for like their interdependent(no drama get sh**t done /talks about how she is going to fix things that just complaining about how **** her life is ) and a person who is smart with life like common scene well rounded person (not book smart or good uni BUT that is a plus). i hate people whit huge amounts of make up just a bit or non and also people act dumb ALSO THEY SAY WHAT THEY MEAN SO NO HITS OR GAMES AND DONT BE LATE

that is about it
I'm a woman and this sounds perfect lol. Sounds like you are describing the woman I strive to be.
:heart:"no drama get sh**t done /talks about how she is going to fix things that just complaining about how **** her life is" :heart: bruh
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
If I had to marry I would look for a woman who:
Is street smart
Laid back (cannot stand uptight people)
Has Low emotional reactions
Isn't constantly worried
Doesn't expect me to compromise
Realises my time is precious
Is slightly faithful
Likes cars
Likes dogs
Enjoys video games
Loves Crash Bandicoot 2
Basically this but without the compromising and faithful parts; I'm happy to compromise if it's fair and I'd rather that she didn't have affairs with other guys. I have no issue with poly relationships but it's not really for me. Maybe if she talks to me first and it's only once in a while, no strings attached and I'm always the boyfriend/husband, I'd consider it. If she let me, maybe I'd occasionally engage but I'm not really the type to cheat. Also while I am a gamer from time to time, I have no issue if my partner isn't interested in playing with me. I'll do it in my own time. Oh and they have to like cats and fish, dogs is preferable but not required.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Imperial Majesty)

that is about it
This would be good to add on as well.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This thread has confirmed to me that most men today are really in a mess.

Very sad to see and shows that men need to return to their original state of being i.e. strong minded, family oriented, morally righteous men.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by trapking)
This thread has confirmed to me that most men today are really in a mess.

Very sad to see and shows that men need to return to their original state of being i.e. strong minded, family oriented, morally righteous men.
Union Jack Wearing Bulldog thinks that you are being a bit harsh on other guys. :naughty:

He's strong minded, staunchly food orientated and won't share his sweets with any of the other toy animals.
Some of them are remoaners or sjw's and a few are plotting to convert him to veganism.
Attached files
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
- Loyal
- Family Orientated
- Compassionate
- Nurturing
- Intelligent
- Cultured
- Ambitious
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
someone I can be weird with
into music
enjoys eating and cooking
enjoys chilled dates (no high-end fancy meals)
cares enough but not stalkery caring
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A woman who will sit with me in bed and watch comedy podcasts on the TV :bawling:
trapking
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Union Jack Wearing Bulldog thinks that you are being a bit harsh on other guys. :naughty:

He's strong minded, staunchly food orientated and won't share his sweets with any of the other toy animals.
Some of them are remoaners or sjw's and a few are plotting to convert him to veganism.
Harsh? Prove me wrong!

P.s. Attachments don't work in the relationship forum Einstein
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My future wife?

Hmm.. brave, loyal, strong, smart, educated (at least have A levels), fun to talk to, able to discuss things and debate, funny, good looking (not too much, that makes me nervous lol). Thats about it I guess?
trapking
Rep:
?
(Original post by bored_user:))
My future wife?

Hmm.. brave, loyal, strong, smart, educated (at least have A levels), fun to talk to, able to discuss things and debate, funny, good looking (not too much, that makes me nervous lol). Thats about it I guess?
Interesting! How about ability to raise good children?
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by trapking)
Interesting! How about ability to raise good children?
Well of course that also but I wouldnt want children for a year or 2 at first.
KtshMoney
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
you sound like all the boys i know
You should aspire to be like us. Big batty tings run tings
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KtshMoney)
You should aspire to be like us. Big batty tings run tings
why should I aspire to be like u 😂
KtshMoney
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
why should I aspire to be like u 😂
why not
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KtshMoney)
why not
but aspire to be what tho
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
JustOneMoreThing
confuseduser
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well, in a partner I think being down to earth is great, sounds cliche but honesty really is the foundation of a healthy relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (74)
21.51%
No (270)
78.49%

Watched Threads