999_raj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm confused

I have done alot of research but I'm still confused. I want to take a course in economics and management at Oxford university as a master's but I'm not sure if it is worth it

I know to become a charted accountant I need to take an ACCA or CIAM course but I don't really know how it all works and if I take it before or after uni and what kind of qualifications it would give me.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999_raj)
I'm confused

I have done alot of research but I'm still confused. I want to take a course in economics and management at Oxford university as a master's but I'm not sure if it is worth it

I know to become a charted accountant I need to take an ACCA or CIAM course but I don't really know how it all works and if I take it before or after uni and what kind of qualifications it would give me.
Not sure what CIAM is , but for ACCA (and CIMA/ ACA) these are qualifications and memberships of professional bodies. You sit the exams and prove you have appropriate professional experience to gain the qualification and professional status.

You could take the qualifications and then go to university, or go to university and then take the qualifications.
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’d generally take them after university though you don’t need to be a graduate to get onto training contracts, though most people are.

A masters you’d do down the line, will just add to your cv, may give exemptions to exams but unlikely as you’d need a similar degree to do a masters in it.
999_raj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Not sure what CIAM is , but for ACCA (and CIMA/ ACA) these are qualifications and memberships of professional bodies. You sit the exams and prove you have appropriate professional experience to gain the qualification and professional status.

You could take the qualifications and then go to university, or go to university and then take the qualifications.
Thank you very much that helped and im sorry, I am still new to all of this, it's the first time I have really researched for my potential future career by CIAM I ment CIMA.

Also do I have to get a CIMA OR ACCA to become a charted accountant and which is seen as 'higher' or more looked at by employers.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much that helped and im sorry, I am still new to all of this, it's the first time I have really researched for my potential future career by CIAM I ment CIMA.

Also do I have to get a CIMA OR ACCA to become a charted accountant and which is seen as 'higher' or more looked at by employers.
The main UK qualifications are CA/ ACA, CIMA and ACCA. There can be differences and preferences depending on your career path but in general they are considered equal. Your work experience is the most important thing.

Some people would suggest joining a large Chartered Accountancy firm and sitting the ACA exams as the best start.
Ammz_123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

ACA is higher then CIMA and ACCA both are still good , however ACCA allows you to work in a more variety of fields rather cima is more limited mainly if you don’t want to do tax and concentrate more on management . That’s an overview but for sure do more research on YouTube also
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (0)
0%
Less motivated (1)
100%

Watched Threads