My friends stress me out

Watch
Blue_skies124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m not looking forward to going back to sixth form. In year 12 I think I was really burnt out. I felt so exhausted and began to hate studying or even thinking of studying. I didn’t like the environment I was in and my friends who went to the same secondary school as I did but I wasn’t as close to during secondary, talk about school work all the time. It stresses me out hearing them talk about it. Or they say how they can’t be bothered to do the work but have suddenly been revising throughout the lockdown months. I know other people shouldn’t affect me and I should only focus on myself but I realised that being with them makes me feel stressed and start to hate everything about school
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
I’m not looking forward to going back to sixth form. In year 12 I think I was really burnt out. I felt so exhausted and began to hate studying or even thinking of studying. I didn’t like the environment I was in and my friends who went to the same secondary school as I did but I wasn’t as close to during secondary, talk about school work all the time. It stresses me out hearing them talk about it. Or they say how they can’t be bothered to do the work but have suddenly been revising throughout the lockdown months. I know other people shouldn’t affect me and I should only focus on myself but I realised that being with them makes me feel stressed and start to hate everything about school
Well maybe you should talk to them about how them talking about school stresses you out. But I’m general school is stressful the stress will still be there if you’re not friends with them. It’s about how you can tackle the stress. So if you think they’re genuinely bad for you drop them but if it’s just them talking about it and they’re good friends just talk about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (333)
55.59%
I don't have everything I need (266)
44.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise