The Student Room Group

Uni of Reading,SOAS,GOLDSMITH

Hello,i am interested to study law mainly ,which uni will be the best as in employability with city firms and its ranking out of University of Reading,Goldsmith university and SOAS university?
My daughter went to Birmingham but Reading was her insurance and we were really impressed with it. Since graduating and getting her training contract she has come across several Reading graduates but not so much the others.
Hi,

We have an incredible campus and Law school. The Law School is based in the stunning Foxhill House, which dates back to 1866! Check it out and the rest of the campus using the virtual campus tour https://www.reading.ac.uk/VirtualTour/ .

The University of Reading School of Law has received a 90% overall approval score in the 2020 National Student Survey. This survey asks graduating students about their experiences over the course of their study, it is based upon the student's opinions. You can read more about the courses the Law School offers here https://www.reading.ac.uk/law/

The Law school has great connections to local charities and organisations which allows you to develop practical skills. Building upon your work experience before you leave university! The law school is also proud to host one of the largest pro bono programmes in the country. During this programme, students get the opportunity to work with organisations such as; Age Concern. Anti-Slavery International and the local Police. Plus many more!

There is also the opportunity to take a placement year, which again can be vital to building upon your work experience in the industry and potential connections for once you graduate. Many of my friends who had placement years in their 3rd year and have now graduated, started to work for their placement company straight from graduation!

In terms of employability after university, University of Reading has a 94% rate for students being employed or in further study within 6 months of graduating. More specifically, the Law School has a 91% rate for students employed or in further study 6 months after finishing.

I hope this has helped to reassure you, at the end of the day you are the person who can decide what is right for you.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help!

Ellen
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending