BAE systems software engineer apprenticeship

Watch
JamesBirky15
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm interested in several degree apprenticeships, with BAE being one of them in software engineering. However, the information on BAE's website is very basic and doesn't go into much depth. If somebody could answer any of these questions, that would be great. 1)What is the application process like and what do you do for it? 2)What degree do you get? (The website doesn't even tell you)
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JamesBirky15)
I'm interested in several degree apprenticeships, with BAE being one of them in software engineering. However, the information on BAE's website is very basic and doesn't go into much depth. If somebody could answer any of these questions, that would be great. 1)What is the application process like and what do you do for it? 2)What degree do you get? (The website doesn't even tell you)
You have to find the actual job post to get more info about the specific apprenticeship
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This all seems like information you should be actively seeking yourself. Perhaps read the existing posts in this sub forum.
JamesBirky15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
You have to find the actual job post to get more info about the specific apprenticeship
Thanks for that. That's a bit odd
Hoc est Bellum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
NVQ Level 4 Aerospace Software
Engineering (Development Competence)
• Level 5 Foundation Degree in Aerospace
Software Engineering (Development
Technical Knowledge)
• Level 6 Bachelor Honours Degree in
Software Engineering
Hoc est Bellum
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you just go one the website and go to the general section it is going to tell you about the apprenticeship generally. If you find the actual job posting, it will go into detail about the specific apprenticeship for the specific role - there are a lot of bae locations so the jobs vary.

I made another comment of all the qualifications you get, you just need to search "bae systems software degree apprenticeship" and click on the 4th link which is a PDF. I don't know why you needed to post this.
JamesBirky15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
If you just go one the website and go to the general section it is going to tell you about the apprenticeship generally. If you find the actual job posting, it will go into detail about the specific apprenticeship for the specific role - there are a lot of bae locations so the jobs vary.

I made another comment of all the qualifications you get, you just need to search "bae systems software degree apprenticeship" and click on the 4th link which is a PDF. I don't know why you needed to post this.
Ok thanks for that.
Richard Cook
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
1) Applying for an apprenticeship is much the same as applying for a job. It's a contract with the employer, who then sorts out all the training for you.

2) If you can find out what the apprenticeship is called, they have all been standardised in recent years, so you can search for it on this website. The apprenticeship profile will tell you all about what you will be learning during your training (which will take up at least 20% of your work hours).

Hope that helps!
JamesBirky15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Richard Cook)
1) Applying for an apprenticeship is much the same as applying for a job. It's a contract with the employer, who then sorts out all the training for you.

2) If you can find out what the apprenticeship is called, they have all been standardised in recent years, so you can search for it on this website. The apprenticeship profile will tell you all about what you will be learning during your training (which will take up at least 20% of your work hours).

Hope that helps!
Thanks very much. I've found more information now, just had to delve through google.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.57%
No (309)
78.43%

Watched Threads